Why is there a NAT limitation on PS4 via Jetpack?
WREKAGE76

Has anybody resolved this issue, its driving me crazy. Spoke to so many reps now, still have an open ticket, I have explained that I have a Static public facing IP and cannot pass the port traffic. VERIZON help ME!!!!

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
Re: Why is there a NAT limitation on PS4 via Jetpack?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Verizon only has one solution to offer in regards to NAT on a Jetpack, which is to purchase a public IP for $500.

The rest of us who need to work around NAT will setup a VPN connection to a VPN server that offers a public IP address.  Connect your devices to the VPN server and then host your games from that location instead of the local network behind the VZW NAT firewall.

This is a well known limitation of the 4G LTE network that impacts not only Jetpacks but also USB modems and other mobile broadband devices.  The handful of devices that receive a free public IP address from VZW are limited to SmartPhones and Verizon LTE Internet Installed packaged.

0 Likes
WREKAGE76

I have a Public IP through Verizon. I still cannot get any traffic through.

0 Likes
WREKAGE76

I've been on the phone with tech support since the 27th of July (or so) I guess I need to call the business tech support.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

If you paid for a public static IP then yes, contact Verizon right away and get it settled with them.

If you are referring to a generic public IP, that is likely the IP of the NAT firewall and not a static IP assigned to your VZW device.  Without a unique public IP address assigned to your VZW device then other remote devices will not be able to find you on the internet and join your hosted games.  You can reach out through the NAT to play on their games though, as long as they have a unique public IP address, which most land line based ISPs provide by default or for a cheap fee.

0 Likes