new jetpack user just since yesterday
PATSMA51

I cannot see a tutorial covering the use of this device.  It is supplying Internet to my house, i.e. my computers and my smart TV.  Am I supposed to leave it on all the time or just power it up and use it when I need the computer?  How does that affect my TV and the different uses it employs like recording shows or rather finding shows to set up for recording etc ??

Would love to find a tutorial for jetpack 101.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: new jetpack user just since yesterday
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you not have any options for a landline based Internet service?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PATSMA51, We understand the importance of being able to use your device and understanding how it works. We want to ensure you get the assistance you need. Could you please provide the model of jetpack that you have: https://search.verizonwireless.com/onesearch/search?q=jetpack ? This will help us to best assist you. 

CheyenneS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PATSMA51

At this moment, no.  I have Century Link and their service has been out for 4 days in my state.  I work at home so I had to make other arrangements.  I'd like to cancel their service and just depend on the Jetpack for my Internet into my home.  Thanks for replying.

0 Likes
PATSMA51

The Jetpack I got is the MHS900L.  Thank you for replying.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A Jetpack isn't intended to be used in a 24/7 operation.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

To answer your questions:

> Am I supposed to leave it on all the time or just power it up and use it when I need the computer?

A Jetpack will perform better when used in short bursts.  Leaving the Jetpack powered on for prolonged periods of time will result in problems sooner or later.  They are designed to be a mobile device that you bring along, power up, surf the web for a while, power down and head out.  Anything outside of that scenario is pushing your luck.

>  How does that affect my TV and the different uses it employs like recording shows or rather finding shows to set up for recording etc ??

All you need to know is that any data that crosses the VZW network through your Jetpack is going to be billed against you. Purely local only traffic such as from one PC transferring files to another PC over the Jetpacks LAN connection will not be billed against you.  If your TV is consuming data through your Jetpack then you need to be very careful as Audio/Video is the easiest way to get into overage territory.  If your TV is not connected to the Jetpack, consuming its content from an existing land line or over the local TV airwaves then you have nothing to worry about.

Let us know if you have more questions.

0 Likes