Re: "SMS Memory Full" on AC791L Jetpack
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ukcatsfan180, I regret to learn you're receiving that same alert. I welcome the opportunity to address your inquiry. The issue you've described has been lifted up to the device manufacturer. After several tests (resetting the device, sending out new SIM cards, replacing the device to only have the alert continue with the new device with new SIM card, filing tickets with our Network Engineers who have advised it's not a network issue as the network cannot tell the amount of available storage space a device has), we have concluded the alert is device related. As a result, we are working with the manufacturer for a possible fix to remove that message. Once a fix has been released, an update will be made available for the unit. 

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

JACSTE77
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has there been any resolution to this issue.  We have over 100 of these devices.  I'm not sure if all of them are displaying this message at this point, but I know that some of them are.

Please advise.

Thanks.

0 Likes
ukcatsfan180

I haven't heard anything from them since the reply above this saying it was with the device manufacturer. Not holding my breath on it.

0 Likes
jchebert
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just turned on my new jetpack and I'm having the exact same issue. "

• SMS Memory Full

Please delete some messages to receive new ones" and it won't take new software updates.
Freshjive1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Tech support sent a text message to the number assigned to the Jetpack. I recieved the message on the Jetpack, went to messages and deleted it.  Problem solved, No more error message. You might be able to send a text from your own phone phone and do the same. The Jetpack can receive text messages.

KIRKVOCLAIN

I just got a jet pack and I'm getting the same message.....I got the SIM directly mailed to me from Verizon. I sure would like for that message to go away??? I've tried the "RESET" to factory...did not work....I tried deleted all text messages...which I do not have any because it's a JET PACK.....I do not have any messages????

HELP????

Tags (1)
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KIRKVOCLAIN, We appreciate the steps you have taken thus far to get the error message resolved. This message shouldn't impact your service. We are working with the manufacturer for a possible software patch to get the issue resolved. Thanks for your patience.  

Trinette_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KIRKVOCLAIN

There was a Software update this week. I did the update but true message is still there!!! In the long run this is going to cost Verizon Money as I have already started looking at other carriers that do not have this problem.

I bet if this problem prevented “limited speed” then Verizon would jump on a software update.

Please fix fix this or loss me as a customer.

Kirk

0 Likes
wtamx

I have an AC791L exhibiting these same symptoms - 1 Alert, SMS Memory Full, please delete some messages.

It has been also giving me "Software download was unsuccessful" message.

The Jetpack tells me I have what I believe is the latest firmware, version is 02.08.59.00.  However intermittently it still checks for updates, finds a 78MB update available, starts the download and ultimately gives me the "Software download was unsuccessful" message.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KIRKVOCLAIN,

The last thing we want to see is you leave us for this reason. Let's dive deeper into this issue. Since you updated the software, have you power cycled your device off and on? Have you powered off and removed the SIM card?

Juan_VZW

0 Likes