Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
signal strength jetpack
daiseyqt2008

I have an AC791L jetpack. My I Phone 6 works better and is faster as a hotspot then the dedicated jetpack. Tried adding antenna to jetpack, no better. What can I do with the jetpack to make it work better. Did I was money on the jetpack.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: signal strength jetpack
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want your jetpack to work just as good as your phone Daiseyqt2008. I do appreciate all that you have done so far. Is it always slow or is it particular times/days? How slow are your speeds? You can check your speeds by going to www.speedtest.net

AmberF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: signal strength jetpack
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

A Jetpack and an iPhone are not comparable devices in a performance test.  The Jetpack will perform worse than an iPhone simply because the Jetpack has to transfer the data from Verizon over WiFI to the client device and the iPhone has the modem built in.  That extra WiFi "hop" is where all the performance degradation should be accounted for, its not an issue for the iPhone.

For us to proceed here we need some metrics.  Go to speedtest.net and perform the test a few times from the jetpack and the iPhone in the same location.  Then share the results and let us see what kind of performance issues you are talking about.

0 Likes