verizon seems to be throttling my jetpack. i have $180 worth of credit and am getting speeds of 60mbps with full bars.
sullivanrogerl

I have tried contacting support and they cannot seem to find anything wrong. i have full bars and am connected to 4g. i have tried a soft reset, factory reset, looked for updates for the software, it throttles to about the same speed as my phone does with I overuse the hotspot. the only conclusion i can come to is verison is actively throttling the connection. if they can not resolve this ill be making a formal complaint to the fcc. please let me know if i'm missing anything

0 Likes
Re: verizon seems to be throttling my jetpack. i have $180 worth of credit and am
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sullivanrogerl,

We value your loyalty and always want you to get world class service. I know what a big deal that is. I want to make sure I understand the issue though so we can solve it. 60 Mbps is actually an excellent speed. Normal LTE speeds are 9-56 Mbps, so that would be above even the high end of normal. You can review this at http://spr.ly/6609KX6Mh . What issues are you having when you try to use that internet service? 

-Andrew

0 Likes
Re: verizon seems to be throttling my jetpack. i have $180 worth of credit and am
sullivanrogerl

Hi, i forgot the deimal place. is actually .60mbps

0 Likes
sullivanrogerl

Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 8.49.01 PM.png

 .60 is when its doing well...

0 Likes
Re: verizon seems to be throttling my jetpack. i have $180 worth of credit and am getting speeds of 60mbps with full bars.
swayne22

I am also having this issue with the Orbic. I've never had an issue with it until I paid it off a few weeks ago. Since then, I can no longer do anything I used to do. My phone shows no internet connection when connected to it as well. I sat on the Agent Message system, and each one told me to do everything I had done already. Then, the last person said I'll basically need to buy a new one since troubleshooting was not working. What's the point of paying it off to lower my bill when it's not usable and I'll need to buy a new one again lol. 

0 Likes
Re: verizon seems to be throttling my jetpack.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, I know having issues with your jetpack is no fun. Especially with your data speeds. I truly want to help. Depending on what plan you have your speeds may lower. What plan do you have? 

-Amber

0 Likes
swayne22

Like I said, I already sat with 4 different agents about the issue. They saw everything. They only gave me troubleshooting steps, and then it didn't work still. So they told me I would need to purchase a new one. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you sharing this with us, sullivanrogerl. We definitely want to make sure that your data speeds with your Jetpack are at their best. When did you first notice this change in data speed?

-Brett

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please know your frustration with this matter is understandable, being told you need to purchase a new device, after finally paying it off, is not what anyone wants to hear.  Can you please send us a Private Message, so we can look further into this? 

*Lisa

0 Likes