what do i have to do to connect my devices to my jetpack??
dbebony

i'm super stupid...pls tell me...what do i have to do to connect my devices to my jetpack??

what's the phone # for ???

it appears that my tablet has already picked up the jetpack as a connection. is that it ???

I have another device at a different location. how do I get that device connected to the jetpack ??

somebody please ??

I've been at this since 8pm with no understanding of how to connect the device

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: what do i have to do to connect my devices to my jetpack??
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Q: what do i have to do to connect my devices to my jetpack??

A: Jetpacks are wireless only devices.  You need to open up your computers wireless network list and select the network being broadcasted by the Jetpack.  Once you find the network then connect to it by entering the WiFi password provided on the back of the Jetpack.

Q: what's the phone # for ???

A: VZW is a phone company.  Every device that connects to the VZW network  has a phone number associated with it that allows it to dial in.  Although your Jetpack uses a phone number there is no need for you to have to enter or use it on anything other than for billing purposes.

Q: it appears that my tablet has already picked up the jetpack as a connection. is that it ???

Yes.  The Jetpack should be broadcasting some kind of unique network name.  The default network name (SSID)should be on a white sticker on the back of the Jetpack.

Q: I have another device at a different location. how do I get that device connected to the jetpack ??

A: Jetpacks have a very limited range.  You need to bring your devices within the wireless radius of the Jetpack in order for them to connect to it.   Normally a jetpack can only reach 1 room away from its current position, they are not as powerful as a normal home wireless router.

View solution in original post

tbo27
Master - Level 2

The jet pack will broadcast an ssid which usually includes the model # so you just put in the pw to connect in you device settings. If your tablet is connected you'll see a WiFi symbol near the clock near the top. The phone number is for billing purposes.  If you have another device at a different location you'll need to take the jet pack there because it has a short range like 40 feet

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Q: what do i have to do to connect my devices to my jetpack??

A: Jetpacks are wireless only devices.  You need to open up your computers wireless network list and select the network being broadcasted by the Jetpack.  Once you find the network then connect to it by entering the WiFi password provided on the back of the Jetpack.

Q: what's the phone # for ???

A: VZW is a phone company.  Every device that connects to the VZW network  has a phone number associated with it that allows it to dial in.  Although your Jetpack uses a phone number there is no need for you to have to enter or use it on anything other than for billing purposes.

Q: it appears that my tablet has already picked up the jetpack as a connection. is that it ???

Yes.  The Jetpack should be broadcasting some kind of unique network name.  The default network name (SSID)should be on a white sticker on the back of the Jetpack.

Q: I have another device at a different location. how do I get that device connected to the jetpack ??

A: Jetpacks have a very limited range.  You need to bring your devices within the wireless radius of the Jetpack in order for them to connect to it.   Normally a jetpack can only reach 1 room away from its current position, they are not as powerful as a normal home wireless router.

dbebony

Thank you ! I figured it out after I calmed down and thought it thru. Appreciate you taking the time to answer. I'm bummed at the short range - I thought I would be able to keep the jetpack and just add the devices I wanted, but I had to give it to my mom because of the distance between our homes, and I'll just have to work with the internet I have at my house, which is fine, but now I won't have internet on the go. I think I might go ahead and add hotspot services from my cell phone provider. That'll only run me about $5 extra a month instead of getting another jetpack with another $40+ bill from Verizon !! See what all I figured out when I calmed down and stopped being frustrated . . . . Kind regards and thanks again !!

0 Likes