About your phone.......help!!!
swhite1967

I just got the kin 2.  When I go into the section about your phone, my daughters name is coming up that it is her phone.  When I make calls to her and send text to her, it looks like she is calling herself.  How do I change this, I have tried everything.  I am frustrated that I can't find the location to change and I'm sure it is something very simple

0 Likes
Re: About your phone.......help!!!
RugerRedhawk

Go into contacts, and edit the entry for your daughter's name. There should be an entry for your name with the kin's phone number in it, and one for your daughter with her phone number in it.

0 Likes
swhite1967

Tried this and nothing changes.  There is not really anything in this setting to change/update.  I have even tried deleting her as my contact and it still states that it is her phone.  Now her phone looks like it is my phone.  I don't get this phone, but I don't really like it at all.  Dumbest phone I have ever had

0 Likes
RugerRedhawk

I just tested what I suggested and it worked. I changed the name of the contact for my phone's own number, then this was immediately shown when I went to 'about this phone'. If you deleted the contact for your mobile number, just make a new one and put your name for it. 

0 Likes
CLdoc
Enthusiast - Level 3

Look for a duplicate contact as well, I found 3 contacts for my wife in my phone, 2 labeled as unknown and 1 that was her.

I hope this helps

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thank you for your inquiry and thank you RugerRedhawk!

Swhite1967, have you tried the last suggestion mentioned above? In addition, I would recommend having your daughter check how your name is entered in her phone. If she is receiving calls from you and it shows her own name, it sounds like she has your number stored with your name in her phone. 

0 Likes