Activation.
Rim178
I bought this phone on eBay and it doesn't want to activate for me! Help?
0 Likes
Re: Activation.
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Rim178, I hope you were able to activate your KIN device you purchased. I understand  your frustration. Please let us know if your still having issues. YOu can activate your device four ways. Either via My Verizon online, via *228 option 1 directly form the phone, at a corporate store, or by calling customer service from an alternate phone. You will also want to ensure your old phone and the new phone are both powered down, and only power  up the new phone until activation is completer. 

Also, what error message are you receiving when you attempt to activate the phone?

0 Likes
violawen

Hi,

I got KIN one on ebay also. When i first got it, it has signal, but it's gone the next day. and I took it to a verizon store to activate it yesterday. the phone was out of battery, but the rep said it's OK.  we did activation through verizon express station in store by entering the numbers in the phone. Later after I charged it, it does not have any signal either. Do you know any possible problem with it? or I just go to the store again?

0 Likes
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello violawen,

Do you still need assistance with your device? If you still do I recommend to remove the battery for about 30 seconds, then reinsert the battery and turn on your device. I also suggest, if you're able to, dial *228 send and select option 1 from your device to make sure the phone has activated and programmed successfully. If you are still having signal issues we do need to gather additional information. Is this happening indoors, outdoors or both? Is it just one specific location or is it occurring everywhere? In what zip code(s) are you experiencing this difficulty? Please let us know so we can further assist. Have a great day!

0 Likes
violawen

activated through customer service over the phone. thx

0 Likes