Actual Kin Phone support
zero3trowa

I contacted the following people for support for phones that just died and no longer power on, or were stuck on the "updating modem" screen: Microsoft, Verizon, Sharp. I asked if they would be providing any software updates or any kind of support and MS and Sharp said they don't support the device and Verizon said the following:

At this time, there are no software updates planned for the Kin Twom. Verizon Wireless does not have any control over the software updates because we are not the developers of this device. We simply offer the wireless service to the device.

Sharp was kind enough and gave me this info. I called the number and talked with a rep and he gave me this info on those of you with bricked phones.

Personal Communications Devices

1-800-229-1235
www.pcdphones.com

Send to

------------

Personal Communications Devices, LLC.
555 Wireless Blvd
Hauppauge, NY 11788

Include a letter with:
Your name
Return Address
Description of the problem with the phone

You pay to ship it to them, and they will pay for shipping it back. The returned guy said it could take up to 2 weeks. Not sure if there is an actual Repair Fee or not since the guy didn't say.

What I want to happen is for everyone to flood this place demanding they release the tools, drivers, documentation, and ROM/OS/firmware so that we can avoid sending in the phones and reset the phones back to their "factory/new in box" state on our own. This is highly unlikely but anything is worth a shot.

0 Likes
Re: Actual Kin Phone support
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

zero3trowa wrote:

I contacted the following people for support for phones that just died and no longer power on, or were stuck on the "updating modem" screen: Microsoft, Verizon, Sharp. I asked if they would be providing any software updates or any kind of support and MS and Sharp said they don't support the device and Verizon said the following:

At this time, there are no software updates planned for the Kin Twom. Verizon Wireless does not have any control over the software updates because we are not the developers of this device. We simply offer the wireless service to the device.

Sharp was kind enough and gave me this info. I called the number and talked with a rep and he gave me this info on those of you with bricked phones.

Personal Communications Devices

1-800-229-1235
www.pcdphones.com

Send to

------------

Personal Communications Devices, LLC.
555 Wireless Blvd
Hauppauge, NY 11788

Include a letter with:
Your name
Return Address
Description of the problem with the phone

You pay to ship it to them, and they will pay for shipping it back. The returned guy said it could take up to 2 weeks. Not sure if there is an actual Repair Fee or not since the guy didn't say.

What I want to happen is for everyone to flood this place demanding they release the tools, drivers, documentation, and ROM/OS/firmware so that we can avoid sending in the phones and reset the phones back to their "factory/new in box" state on our own. This is highly unlikely but anything is worth a shot.

To resolve freezing issues with your phone please do a soft reset. Remove the battery with phone ON, then re-insert battery after 10 seconds and power phone ON. Please allow the phone to register applications.

You can find instructions to perform a hard reset (factory reset) at the link below:

Reset Sharp KIN TWOm

0 Likes