Any games for Kin Two ?
staycee1027

I just received my Kin Two phone today and while I like it, it has NO preloaded games and I can't seem to find any games for this phone, however, Customer Support tells me there ARE games you can download for this phone.  Does anyone know what games you CAN download for it ?  OR is there a website that you can download games for the phone ?  Ready to return it if there isn't =(  Thanks for any info 😃

0 Likes
Re: Any games for Kin Two ?
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

Sorry, you were misinformed. There are no games for the Kin. Another short-coming of Microsoft, who designed the phone to be targeted at the teenage and young adult audience, and didn't even include games (among everything else they got wrong, when the phone was a smartphone and even when the firmware was re-written as a feature phone). They truly have a failing marketing department and should take a lesson from apple or google. Or even Verizon! apart from their decision to force data plans on the phone that was targeted for the younger audience..like they expected parents to afford/consider data plans, or for the Kin even to compete with the iPhone, Blackberries, or Android phones, and i guess even these days, the windows phones.

But rants aside, i'm sorry it is a deciding factor for you to return it, but i hope you find a phone that you will be satisfied with.

0 Likes
silentwolfrt

I agree with fisharefriends you were mislead, there are no games for the kin. The phones software has been stripped so far that even basic neccesities are not existent. You may find a better phone to fit your wants.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Games for the KIN TWO are available, but for the KIN TWOm they are not. The TWO is the original smartphone, the one you have(TWOm) is the feature phone.

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

I wasn't aware the Kin Two (original) could play games on it, was under the impression that wasn't even possible. I do know, that they didn't release it with any capability to download apps, which is the biggest factor as to why it was crippled and inferior vs other smartphones of the same price.

It all boiled down to their internal 'politics' during development (search it on wikipedia), that led to an extremely delayed schedule (released 3 years later than anticipated), which resulted in no (or very, very little) testing and troubleshooting/bugfixing, no apps, and poor marketability, especially because of the pricetag and plan verizon attached to it.

0 Likes
bski

Everything you do on your kin you will do through WiFi or Zune.

If you love games find an online game site (one without too many pop-ups) note the address, go to your browser and put in the address, then push the star key. “Save to apps” and when you’re bored you’ll have games to play with a single touch.  If your friend has an unlimited data plan use their hot spot.

(Zune is great and you don’t have to pay the monthly $14.95 if you don’t down load a lot of music, just sign up for the free trial you can use the site after that forever.) I move my pictures/videos between my netbook, computer and phone with Zune.

0 Likes