I was wondering if anyone had found a way to read books on this phone. I apologize if this has been answered somewhere else.
Thanks for your time.
There isn't a known application that can be downloaded on the Kin TwoM that will allow you to read books. You may use the browser to search for an online portal to read books that way. Please know if you do not have a data package, data is billed at $1.99 per megabyte. You may also add an unlimited data package for $29.99 per month.
"Please know if you do not have a data package, data is billed at $1.99 per megabyte. You may also add an unlimited data package for $29.99 per"
Pssssssst.......... the KinM phones have WiFi. No data plans required.
I posted this response to a similar question:
I recently added an ebook called Planet of the Damned, to the Kin Twom . Of course, this being a Kin, I had to get creative. I found freeware called RasterBook to convert a html ebook to .jpg. This allowed me to load the jpegs through Zune. Now, when I go to camera -->albums, I can read the ebook.
The way I figured out to do it:
1. Download the freeware RasterBook
2. Open notepad and type in the following: start RasterBook.exe --width 480 --height 320 --rotate 90 --overlap 20 --format jpeg
3. Save the file as kin.bat in the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\RasterBook
4. Download a .html version of an ebook. I found a free one (Planet of the Damned) at Project Gutenberg (http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page)
5.Double click on the kin.bat file. This launches RasterBook
6. Open the folder containing the .html of your ebook. Drag and drop the .html file into the RasterBook window.
7. Click on the button "Render Book" in the RasterBook window.
8. You will see your .jpg files start to generate.
9. Finding the resulting .jpg files is a little tricky. The RasterBook freeware kept throwing the ebook .jpgs in the folder C:\Users\<your username here>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\RasterBook or C:\Program Files (x86)\RasterBook. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to where the hundreds of jpg files save to.
10. Once you find your.jpg files load them using Zune to your Kin.
11. Then go to camera --> albums and you should be able to find the book.
12. To read each page of the book swipe the screen to the right or the left to advance to the next page in the book.