Are there any QR code reader's that work with the KIN twoM? Any web based appliacations? VZW based?
Daveman80
Contributor - Level 1

ANy help would be greatly appreciated. thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Are there any QR code reader's that work with the KIN twoM? Any web based appliacations? VZW bas
Daveman80
Contributor - Level 1

Nevermind guys, I figured it out. Although an application would be nice, there is a very easy workaround for this. If you see a code somewhere(or even from a computer screen monitor), simply take a picture of it and send it, via text message(or email), to go@sparq.it . In a minute or two, the link will be sent to you, again via text(or email),  of what the QR code is related to. Then, you can open the link and access the site through your browser!  Pretty simple actually.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Are there any QR code reader's that work with the KIN twoM? Any web based appliacations? VZW bas
Daveman80
Contributor - Level 1

Nevermind guys, I figured it out. Although an application would be nice, there is a very easy workaround for this. If you see a code somewhere(or even from a computer screen monitor), simply take a picture of it and send it, via text message(or email), to go@sparq.it . In a minute or two, the link will be sent to you, again via text(or email),  of what the QR code is related to. Then, you can open the link and access the site through your browser!  Pretty simple actually.

0 Likes
Dccellular
Enthusiast - Level 2

After sparq.it texts you back the code, do they give you anything else like the price of the item at nearby stores.  I believe the iPhone and the Droids have a barcode scanner app that does exactly that. 

Also, is there a fee if you use this service.  For example, once you send a text to go@sparq.it will you see a charge from that company on your cell phone bill?

0 Likes
Daveman80
Contributor - Level 1

Sadly, they do not. The sparq.it site only converts QR codes and their intention is to help those who havent adopted smartphones yet to still be able to utilize the QR "marketing" or information links.  With what Ive read, this is a free service as the app you can download on your phone is also free. Obviously, going through texting, you would have a text charge if you do not have an unlimited texting plan.

0 Likes
Dccellular
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks!  You've taught me something new about tthe QR codes.  I didn't realize it was more than just a product barcode. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Daveman80
Contributor - Level 1

Well thank you! I just recently learned about them myself  because the company I work for is about to start using them. Many companies are utilizing these now and I bet youll see alot more in the years to come. For example, best buy is actually using these on their price tags. Here, take a look: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=best+buy+qr+code&view=detail&id=07500A4A6E4E35B28119067F5FA2091D...

See the QR on the lower left side? If you scanned that with your phone(or did I what I suggested with the kin), it would lead you to best buys mobile site for the item you are looking at.  With that link,  you can access further information about the product before you purchase it. Like all the specs listed online. So it seems like it could be a very useful tool. Recently bought a copy of Jack@ss 3d and a QR code was on there as well.  I believe that one linked you to some extra scenes or stuff like that.

0 Likes