Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio through E-Mail?
TakeItEasyC6

Just got my Kin TwoM today and so far, I am not surprised by most of the silly restrictions that come from a Microsoft-Verizon team up.

I'd like to get ringtones other than the stock ones on this phone. I know I've got a lot going against me here since my computer is a Mac and I'm trying to do everything for free. No 3G usage, no paying for audio texts, nothing. I do however have Wi-Fi at my disposal. Since it's got 8 GB of storage space and Zune, is there any way I can put say a 30 second WAV or MP3 file on there with Kin Media Sync and use that? Also, are there ANY audio formats that can be accessed by the e-mail "app" that I can set as ringtones? 

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Audio through E-Mail?
calidrmr

i just spent about 8 hours trying to do it, and with a PC! what is Kin Media Sync? is that in Zune? and the best way so far is to download the MP3 to your computer (think it should work about the same as a Mac...not sure tho) from the site you used to make the MP3 short (if that is how you made it 30 seconds) and then send it as an MMS via email to your phone using XXX-XXX-XXXX@vxwpix.com (the Xs being your mobile number, don't use the dashes) when you receive the MMS, it will give you the option to set as ringtone or save. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Audio through E-Mail?
calidrmr

i just spent about 8 hours trying to do it, and with a PC! what is Kin Media Sync? is that in Zune? and the best way so far is to download the MP3 to your computer (think it should work about the same as a Mac...not sure tho) from the site you used to make the MP3 short (if that is how you made it 30 seconds) and then send it as an MMS via email to your phone using XXX-XXX-XXXX@vxwpix.com (the Xs being your mobile number, don't use the dashes) when you receive the MMS, it will give you the option to set as ringtone or save. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Likes