Backing up contacts?
baubillious
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anyone know of a way to backup contacts? I don't wanna spend the time getting pictures again, should anything happen.

0 Likes
Re: Backing up contacts?
goofy174
Enthusiast - Level 1

There currently is no way to do it. I've  searched extensively for some 3rd party app to do it like BitPim but so far, I've found nothing.

0 Likes
CLdoc
Enthusiast - Level 3

I haven't found a way with software. I bought a couple of cheap functioning phones on ebay and transferred the contacts to them (wife and I). It is not a great solution but it works for now.

0 Likes
baubillious
Enthusiast - Level 3

How did you transfers the contacts to those phones?

0 Likes
CLdoc
Enthusiast - Level 3

Take your Kin and the other phone into a Verizon store and  have them transfer the contacts over.

Just like you would when you bought the Kin. Then I put the storage phone (the one off of ebay) and in our fire safe.

Now if I have to hard reset the Kin or it is lost or damaged all the contacts are stored and ready to transfer over to the new Kin, at the Verizon store again. 

I picked up a pair of older LG phones on ebay for $20 and they work great for this.

0 Likes
kwhitw

I didn't know that the store would do a backup for you anymore because Verizon has included backup assistant into the Verizon service plan and expects all customers to do their own backup.????   Did the store charge you to do the backup?  I am considering changing from my Blackberry Storm 9530 to the KIN TWOm because I am tired to paying $30 for their data plan and I have a Five Spot that I can use the wifi for that I am paying $35 a month for now that I'm not using it to it's fullest extent cause I only use it if we are on a road trip or away from the house (not much with the price of gas these days).    Could I just leave the backup on my Blackberry and then take it to the store if my KIN flakes out?  I'm not sure I understand how this works.

0 Likes
CLdoc
Enthusiast - Level 3

You got it right. In your case leave the contacts on your Blackberry (that is your back-up). Now if something happens to the Kin you have ie, damaged, stolen, or even a hard reset is needed. You have the contacts backed up on your blackberry, take the Kin and the Blackberry into the Vreizon store and have them transfer the contacts back over to the Kin.

Like I said in a post above it is not a perfect solution but it is a solution where one doesn't exist.

I hope that helped.

0 Likes