Body Glove
dsonyay

Anyone use this case?

http://www.amazon.com/Kin-Two-Body-Glove-Snap-on/dp/B003XM6I4Y/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_2

How does it work with the slide out keyboard?  Is it a 2 piece case??  Does it have a clear cover to protect screen or do I need to buy these clear covers too?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Body Glove
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

i do not own this case, but i do know that it is a 2-piece case, and it does not have a clear cover (screen protector), you will need to buy that separate. I did notice, that your link, that body glove case was ~$18, but i've seen the same body glove cases on amazon for ~$10. Just fyi, to save you money if you do end up purchasing it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

i do not own this case, but i do know that it is a 2-piece case, and it does not have a clear cover (screen protector), you will need to buy that separate. I did notice, that your link, that body glove case was ~$18, but i've seen the same body glove cases on amazon for ~$10. Just fyi, to save you money if you do end up purchasing it.

0 Likes
dsonyay

Yes there are cheaper ones.  I actually ordered the silacon/rubber type for a buck + shipping.  If it turns out to be a bomb, I'll order the body glove.  Thanks for the tip!

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

I have that exact case. 'black rubberized hard case'? Its not a silicone case, but a plastic case with a rubberized finish. It works fine with me, gives the phone a rubber texture. Once it is on the phone, you can't really feel that it is cheap at all. However, the clipping areas do create a little bit of friction, but thats a simple fix, just file them down slightly (top face only), and then go over them with a permanent marker to give their color back (the paint layer is very thin). It does make the phone slightly bigger, but so would the body glove case, so as long as you are fine with that, then the case will work well.

0 Likes
dsonyay

Yeah I'm talking about the rubbery/silicon type.  I had one for my blackberry and loved how it stuck to whatever it was laying on.  off the phone it is very flimsy.  It didn't add much to the thickness of the phone which helped a lot.

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

However, with the Kin phones being a slider phone, i don't think anyone made/were able to make silicone cases for them that would stay on without interfering with the sliding motion. To be honest, that was the kind of case i was looking for, but after scouring google, amazon, and everywhere, i couldn't find one. I don't think the case you bought isn't a rubber case, but just has a rubber coating on plastic. Or..i could be wrong, let me know if it is a silicone case, but i have my doubts. Nevertheless, that case does provide that same 'non-slip' texture that a silicone case would, since its exterior is coated with a rubbery material anyways.

0 Likes