Callers cannot hear me, or I sound like a martian!
fpd1997

Lately when making or receiving phone calls on my Kin TwoM I can hear everything buut they cannot hear me or I sound very distorted...what can I do? I knew I was taking a risk with the KIN!

0 Likes
Re: Callers cannot hear me, or I sound like a martian!
jpetruzzo

The same thing just started happening to my phone.  Now my Kin2 was replaced back in April, because it was one of the Kins with the defective screen which would go blank.  So I don't know how old it is.  But I can no longer use it for voice calls.  It's as if it's on mute all the time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That has to be annoying that you aren't able to hear anything on your Kin TwoM. If you are using a headset or bluetooth, please remove & disable. Power the phone off/on and then try to dial *228 option 2.
Once that has been done, try to make a call and see if you can be heard while on speaker phone.

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jpetruzzo

Thanks for the quick reply Tamara... As you suggested I did the following...

• Shut phone off:
  • Removed battery to re-set it:
  • Dialed *288 to update the roaming info:

Got the "Update Successful" message & the phone re-started.  I made a call using speakerphone, but still have the same problem... I can hear the other caller, but they can't hear me.

Thanks

Joe

0 Likes
jpetruzzo

Does anyone know if I can purchase at my own expense a new Verizon prepaid phone to replace my Kin contract phone?  The Kin phone I have now that doesn't work was a replacement phone provided by Verizon.  I don't want to endure a 3rd Kin !

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there Jpetruzzo!

I am so sorry that you're still experiencing issues with your phone! Let's see if we can get you a working phone.

How long have you had the Kin devices? Is there any liquid or physical damage? You can dial #UPG to see when your upgrade is available!

Prepaid phones have to be active on prepaid service for 6 months before they can be activated on postpaid service.

If you are still covered under warranty I would suggest a replacement until you can upgrade.

We also have our Certified Pre Owned program: http://bit.ly/O2iQnA

If you consider buying a phone from a third party you can check it's ability to be activated on our network here:
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/estore/certifieddevice/cd 

Keep me updated.

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes