Cases for KIN Two ?
Pammy
Contributor - Level 1

Hello.  Has anyone tried any of the cases for the Kin Two like the Body Glove?   I'm pretty notorious for dropping my phone.  I can't imagine a case wouldn't interfere with the sliding qwerty keyboard but wondered if anyone has tried a case.

Thanks.

Pam

0 Likes
Re: Cases for KIN Two ?
jewett28
Enthusiast - Level 3

Pammy wrote:

Hello.  Has anyone tried any of the cases for the Kin Two like the Body Glove?   I'm pretty notorious for dropping my phone.  I can't imagine a case wouldn't interfere with the sliding qwerty keyboard but wondered if anyone has tried a case.

Thanks.

Pam

I am wondering the same thing...there are several cheap cases on Amazon but no reviews...can I still use the keyboard with those cases?

0 Likes
hqdbeal

I got a case off of ebay for $8 and it works just fine, it also came with a car charger

0 Likes
thewarriorchild

I purchased the hard cases off Amazon and they work fine. I got the purple and the hot pink. They feel slighlty like rubber. It does not interfere with the sliding of the phone at all.

0 Likes
Pammy
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks.  Do the cases for the Kin Two's fit the Kin Two M's perfectly?   Did they bulk it up a lot ?  Which case did you buy on Amazon?

Thanks, Pam

0 Likes
jewett28
Enthusiast - Level 3

Pammy wrote:

Thanks.  Do the cases for the Kin Two's fit the Kin Two M's perfectly?   Did they bulk it up a lot ?  Which case did you buy on Amazon?

Thanks, Pam

I think it should work with TWOm since the difference of TWO and TWOm is only sw.

Could you give us the link of the case you bought? Is it the snap-on hard cover hard case?

0 Likes
Chefs

Hello!

I am also planning on getting a case that was designed for the Kin Two, to be

used for my Kin Twom. I wanted to see if the case actually fit your twom.

Ebay has it cheap for $4.95 with free shipping.

Thanks!

0 Likes
jewett28
Enthusiast - Level 3

Chefs wrote:

Hello!

I am also planning on getting a case that was designed for the Kin Two, to be

used for my Kin Twom. I wanted to see if the case actually fit your twom.

Ebay has it cheap for $4.95 with free shipping.

Thanks!

I think it's cheaper in Amazon, less than $4 with shipping...just don't know which one I should pick...

0 Likes
Pammy
Contributor - Level 1

I just received my new Kin TwoM last night, with the Body Glove case that they sell on Verizon's web site (first link below).  After my employee discount it was only $7.47 (regular price online is $9.99)  / free shipping with the phone.   The case is listed for the Kin Two, and it does fit the TwoM perfectly.  The case has a really nice feel to it, and I find it much easier to open the phone with the case on (I'm using the frame of the case that covers the top of the phone to open the phone, rather than using the screen to open the phone).  Kind of slippery with the case off.  The case doesn't interfere with the buttons or the keyboard at all.  I was a bit nervous about it affecting the keyboard's sliding, but it doesn't affect it in the slightest bit.  The only negative about the case, is it definitely bulks up the phone.  I just took off the case after only using the phone for about 5 hours to see if I liked the looks better, and using the phone better, without the case, and I immediately didn't like opening the phone without the case, due to how slippery it is, so I put the case right back on.  I don't really care for cases on phones, but I'm way too clumsy with my phones not to use a case anymore.  I drop my phone almost once a day.  If you don't want to use the clip on the case, the piece of the case that the clip, clips on to, is removable from the INSIDE of the case, and they give you a black piece to replace it so that you don't have a hole in the back of the case.  Right now I'm using it clipless, but I may try it with the clip because I find it a little bulky in my pocket.    Any comments from anyone else who has tried other cases?   I'm looking at the cases on AccessoryOne, but don't know if they'll be really cheap looking.  This company also sells these same cases through Amazon.  I'm not sure if I will like that much of the front of the phone covered though.  I kind of like the Body Glove style of case and how it just frames the front of the phone, rather than covering the bottom and top section of the top of the phone.

Here are links to the two cases.

Body Glove Case

AccessoryOne's Case

Pam

0 Likes
Pammy
Contributor - Level 1

I received my new case from AccessoryOne last night (2nd link below).  I had seen this case on Amazon for only $4 or $5, and then went directly to the Company website and the same case was only 99 cents there.  Bought a full screen protector as well for 99 cents, that covers the entire screen and not just the display area.  Shipping was $3.95 or so.   I had read on this forum where a few people had tried cases from Amazon and said they were fine, but I didn't see where they gave details on which case they bought.  First impression?  You get what you pay for !!   The second I opened the box, I thought...yuck..this case looks CHEAP.  The rubberized plastic feels good in your hand, but it's a cheap plastic, and no padding on the inside of the case to give added protection.  I bought the lime green, and it looks like a kiddie case.  I have a lime green "SwitchEasy Torrent" on my Itouch, and that's a beautiful case.  But that's a $35 case.  This one from AccessoryOne is just cheap looking.  Well what do you expect for a case for only $1.  The case fits, but it's not designed well, and causes a lot of friction when you try to open the phone.  It opens, but there's friction because they didn't leave any space between the top part of the cover and the bottom part.  I thought maybe I'd use the top part of my black Body Glove case that I bought through Verizon which is designed really well (1st link below),  along with the green bottom cover from AccessoryOne and create a funky combo case.  The lime green looks cool with the green theme on the Kin Two, BUT....that combo case lasted about 10 minutes before I took it off as it just makes the phone look cheap.  So the Body Glove case is back on my phone.  While I thought the Body Glove case bulked up my phone too much, now that I tried an inferior cheapo case, I appreciate the Body Glove case a lot more.  It has a nice texture to it and feels good in the hand.  While the texture and grippiness feels nice in your hand, it does make it a little harder to slide into your pocket.  The bottom of the Body Glove case is lined with a padded velvety material protecting the back of your phone, and giving it a little padding, and the top cover of the Body Glove case is designed very well and doesn't interfere AT ALL when you slide your phone open.  It's actually a lot easier to open the phone with the Body Glove case rather than the phone with no case as the phone is slippery.  Someone on this forum said the Body Glove case for the Kin is $12.99 at the Verizon store, but I ordered it online at Verizon for only $7.44 after my Employee discount.  Full price online was $9.99 .  When I just checked now online at Verizon, the case is coming up for $19.99.  I wonder if they offer accessories at a discounted price when you are going through the process of purchasing a phone online.   I really prefer to go case-less with phones, but I'm just too clumsy for that.  I was looking at my Brother's Droid yesterday, and said HEY....is that a Body Glove case?  It had the same texurized material that my Body Glove case is made of.  He told me that it was a Body Glove case, and he tried several cases from Verizon and he thought this one was by far the best. 

Body Glove Case

AccessoryOne's Case

0 Likes