Re: Cases for KIN Two ?
Limestone

fisharefriends,

I'm pretty sure I have the same case that you had. I also have the Skinomi (front only) skin, but I haven't applied it yet. Will your case fit on with the Skinomi applied?

0 Likes
nathanpa

I got my case from the Verizon web page ,, only around 9.00 dollars , and free shipping , works good ,

how ever ,, seeing the case clips on , it covers up the hole on the Kin One where the ringer sound comes from ,,

had to remove the case and put small holes in the case NOT the phone then it was OK ,,

The case does NOT cover up any others holes like the cam or the key bord

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

Limestone, sorry it took so long to reply.

Are you talking about the AccessoryOne case? The skinomi skin does not fit underneath that one. The front portion of the phone almost does, it is a very tight, but it does not actually snap over without any work. If you wanted, you could simply cut the skin. Cut off the bottom portion and the top portion, and then the center screen portion will fit perfectly. If you are already covering the top and bottom with a case, having the skin there wouldn't add any extra protection. Really, you don't even have to cut too much off, just about half a centimeter from the edge, that way the case has enough clearance to just deform and snap on; once it snaps on, it won't fall off.  But to be safe, you could cut all the way up to the border of the case and just leave a little bit of overlap, then the entire thing will be covered. One other thing you could do is sand down the inside of the case to give it a little more clearance. It will be a little messy, but the good news is you never see the inside.

0 Likes
rich215
Enthusiast - Level 3

Even before I got the Kin2m phone, I knew there was no decent case/cover to my liking.  So I made my own from some super strong double sided stick tape (very thin) and some Wilson tennis grip wrap widely avaialbe for less then $3 and only needed a small amount.

Adding this to my phone did several things for me:

1. Made the phone not slip off things.

2. Made it super easy to slide the keyboard open.

3. I do not suffer from missing calls because the volume buttons get accidently pushed in pocket or other.

4. Helps taking pics with the external button now not feeling slippery or not being able to find it quickly.

5. Hides the graphis on the back of the phone so I can tell someone that askes me, "what kind of phone

is that?".....and I can reply....."It's a super duper secret black phone". 

6. And most important of all, it made the phone feel so much stronger and better in your hand(s).  It totaly

changed the feel of the phone for me. It wouold be nice to have this on the phone made perfessinally!

I did just a quick job of it with sharper mini sissors and now after doing it once, I could clean it up some but

I am highly satisfied with the results in performance.  I could care less what it looks like, function is everything

for me.  This totally gets the job done. 

Here are a few pics of it, sorry they are not better quality but you get the idea of what you could do. 

0 Likes
Daveman80
Contributor - Level 1

Personally, I find the cases from wireless central on amazon to be of excellent quality and they have no effect on the phones use whatsoever. First, I bought my wife a purple one and I really like how it didnt bulk up the phone and it didnt affect the slider or anything else. It actually looked really good! So I decided to order myself a black one, in theory from the same manufacturer (accessory one).  Well, got it and I absolutely hated it!! It was completely different, the Clips kept hitting the slider making it a chore to open and close and It really bulked up the phone too. Easily sat nearly  3/8 of an inch higher than my wife's phone with the case she had!!  What I learned was that there are two cases out there that are very similar in picture and description, but they are VERY different in form and quality. Currently, I have a new black case coming from wireless central, the bad one I ordered came from wirester. I will report to make sure I got the right one and Ill even post pics when its on. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes