Re: Click on Email app, but it keeps going back to homepage?!
chardonay1234
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sorry, I misunderstood what you said above.  I thought you were telling me there was another forum.  This is the peer to peer one where nobody will probably have an answer for me, lol.  Figures...oh well.  Should I call a 1-800# and see what they have to say?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you want to.  Customer Service is 1-800-922-0204

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

chardonay1234
Enthusiast - Level 1

Gmail account won't delete from my phone. 

Started with two email accounts. 

Hotmail - default

Gamil - 2nd acct.

I deleted my hotmail acct first with no problems.  Gmail account gets stuck on DELETING AND SIGNING OUT. 

1. I've tried turning off my phone then turning it back on then deleting gmail acct.....same problem

2. I've tried turning off phone; taking battery out; waiting a few minutes; put battery back in; turn phone back on; try deleting gmail acct.....same problem.

3. I thought maybe it was because Gmail was my default acct now since it was the only one on my phone.  Maybe if I added hotmail back on and made hotmail my default acct and tried to then deleted gmail which would then be my 2nd acct maybe it would finally delete!!.....NOPE!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, chardonay1234-

I'm sorry the email functions have not been working properly lately! Is this still a concern for you? Please check http://goo.gl/PkO6d for details on email set up. Keep me posted!

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
chardonay1234
Enthusiast - Level 1

Nope the email app it's still not working!  As soon as the email app opens it closes and goes right back to the main screen.  I can't seem to get Gmail to delete either!!  It starts then just gets stuck on deleting and never actually completes the process.  Got any ideas?

0 Likes
dwdowty
Enthusiast - Level 2

With all due respect, the set-up link provides no use for someone when there is nothing in there about REMOVING an email account that clearly is having a bug/glitch issue with the software.

I googled this:http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wppeople/cant-open-email-app-and-cant-delete-gmail...

The person who created the thread had the exact same problem, on the original Kin model, back in 2010.  Obviously never fixed on the (m) models.

Basically, delete your phone data, which is located in the menu...settings > about your phone > erase all data.  That is the only thing I could find.  Make sure you sync your phone to save anything you can before you do it.

0 Likes
chardonay1234
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dwdowty you are correct Smiley Sad  After talking to tech support for almost 1 hour on this matter their only answer to my problem is to wipe the phone.....delete all data......ruin my day.......etc etc etc.  Right now I am syncing my phone to my Zune software which will sync all my music and phones/videos.  But this phone does not sync to backup assistant so I'm going to have to manually input all of my contacts into MY VERIZON contact list on their website, iinstead of just writing them down on a piece of paper so they (verizon) can at least always have a list of my contacts in case I ever need to do this again!!  Wipe my phone of all data then spend the rest of tonight manually inputting all of my contact info back into my phone.  I was hoping to avoid this because it is going to be a huge process but it looks like it is my only choice.

I love this phone because it has WIFI, a large screen and is NOT A SMARTPHONE $$$.  I'll keep telling myself this tonight.....

0 Likes