Connecting to a computer
Alexyanin

I have just bought a KIN phone, I cant get it to connect to my computer for downloads like music and pics? I downloaded Zune and still doesnt work. HELP

0 Likes
Re: Connecting to a computer
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

Seeing how this is nearly identical to numerous Zune software questions, i'll just provide a link that contains other links within that regard syncing with a computer.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/KIN/Zune-and-windows-live/td-p/376738

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

• Right-click KIN or USB Device , and then clickProperties .
  • Click the Driver tab, and then click Uninstall .
  • If it is displayed, click to select Delete the driver software for this device, and then clickOK .
  • Click the root computer icon, and then click Scan for hardware changes on theActions menu.
  • Right-click KIN , and then click Properties .
  • Click the Driver tab, and then click Update Driver .
  • Click Browse my computer for driver software .
  • Click Browse , locate the Program Files\Zune\Drivers folder, and then clickOK .
  • Click Next .
  • If you are prompted, click Install .
  • After the driver installation is complete, click Close two times.

Account setup
1 If you want to sync content you already own, install the Zune software on your computer by going to www.zune.net/setup.
2 If you also want to add to your collection from the Zune Marketplace, launch the Zune software on your computer and sign up for a Zune account (you can use your KIN account email address). Sync with phone.  
Once you have installed the Zune software and set up your account, follow these steps to sync your
phone with your collection:
1 Connect your phone to your computer via USB.
2 Open the Zune software if it doesn’t open automatically. The first time you do this you’ll be prompted to name your phone, specify sync preferences, then link your phone to your Zune account (if you have one).

Or 

Once you have installed the Zune software and set up your account, follow these steps to sync your

phone with your collection:

1 Connect your phone to your computer via USB.

2 Open the Zune software if it doesn’t open automatically. The first time you do this you’ll be prompted to name your phone, specify sync preferences, then link your phone to your Zune account (if you have one).

3 Once you’re set up, if you’ve selected to sync automatically, syncing will begin. Otherwise, drag the items you want to sync from your Collection to the device icon in the lower-left, or right-click the device icon and select Start sync.

4 When you’ve finished syncing, safely unmount your phone from your computer by unlocking your phone’s screen.

5 Disconnect the USB cable from your phone and computer. Repeat these steps whenever you want to update the contents of your phone.

0 Likes
Dgirl3026

Hi not sure if u ever found a solution but I recently just upgraded to the KIN ONEm phone I also could not sync my phone with Zune and verizon even tried to help me by calling Sharp. But they didn't really help so the tech support guy said maybe u try googlingwindows mobile device center and going from there here is the direct site---> (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953933) It shows you how to solve the issue yourself after two days of trying to figure out this phone i was able to solve the problem in 5 minutes with that site!! lolI I will probably call tech support and give them this site to help others!! Hope this helps!

0 Likes