Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connecting to work Wifi with wpa2 security
f700es

I don't see the connection in the list but I can type in the ssid and then select wpa2 but I do not see a place for the user name just the password. Any ideas? TIA

Sean

0 Likes
Re: Connecting to work Wifi with wpa2 security
Not applicable

Good Morning, 7700es!

When connecting the wi-fi, there should be no option to enter in the username. The username (network name) is determined by the wi-fi administrator, so you will only be prompted to enter the protected password.  

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
f700es

Thanks for the answer but that doesn't really help. The network name is xxxadmin, I then have a user name and password. When setting up my iPod touch I had to enter username and password. I'll keep trying but thanks for the reply :smileyhappy:

F7

0 Likes
tdesmit

F7, I was just getting ready to post a similar question. My workplace uses an authentication protocol called "EAP", and I think that is what you have at your place too. Right now, I'm thinking the Kin phones don't support EAP. Our IT guy was telling me I could connect to the wireless network by using the same network username and password I use on my desktop machine, but the wireless network doesn't show up on my KIN. I really don't think the KIN can do it. I hope someone says it's possible, I would like to connect to the wireless network here. My co-worker has an Android phone, and his shows the wireless network, and it says "Secured EAP Network", or something like that. I hope someone has a solution for us!

Tom D.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extensible_Authentication_Protocol

0 Likes
f700es

Thanks for the reply, I am sure it is a wpa2 as that is what the wireless manual calls out and that is how I set up mu iPod touch, which works. I guess it could be that the Kin simply can use that protocal. This network does not show up on my Kin either. I can see the visitor network but I don't have an account for that. At least the Kin works at home so not a total loss. Thanks for the reply though :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
mulberry

This is very very disappointing to read.

I bought the Kinm one specifically because it was wifi enabled, and now I find it is impossible to log onto my work wpa2 account because I cannot type in my log on name!

That was the reason I was searching through this community, to solve this issue, and now I see why it wasn't working. Has anyone found a solution to needing input the name and password when only password screen is available?

0 Likes