Contact Tranfering in store: Confirmed
iheartkin

Pretty much what the title states. I was able to transfer my contacts from my old LG Versa to the KIN. It only did the contacts and nothing else(was hoping the pix too), but it was still worth it. I would suggest you call your nearest Verizon store first before heading there. Some stores will charge $20 to do it. If they do, complain that all other phones have Backup assistant and the online Rep said its free. Anyhow, thats what I did. The first store I called charged, the second one said come in and they will do it for free. Hope that helps. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Re: Contact Tranfering in store: Confirmed
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

No verizon store should charge you for this. I also had my contacts successfully transferred in-stores, and free of charge (as it should be). This is not something they should charge you for. If they are charging you to transfer contacts, they aren't doing what they should by protocol (as far as i know..). Like iheartkin said, you might want to call in, to check on that pricetag that shouldn't be there and also if that specific store that you may go to has an update in their systems that allows the kin m model phones to recieve the contact transfer. That system update was about a month ago, so it should be in every store by now, but i would just make sure. If the store is charging you for the service, they shouldn't be. Talk to their manager, someone higher up. And yes, it is possible to transfer the contacts, not every sales rep knows what is going on, but remember to stay friendly and confident in knowing what you are talking about. I know as a customer, you shouldn't know more than the salesman, but with this phone you'll find that you probably will.

0 Likes
jfuqua

Just to add to this, the local Verizon store near me could not transfer my contact list. They told me they didn't have the software necessary. I'd call before going down there just to make sure they can do it.

Also, one of my new Kin2m batteries wasn't holding a charge so I contacted Verizon via this website. I was told to go in and have it checked. I did and they didn't even have the battery to replace it. They told me to call Verizon to get another.

I get the feedling Verizon is treating this phone like their red-headed stepchild because it doesn't require a data plan. Very frustrating.

0 Likes
melzywi
Contributor - Level 1

Not necessarily.  My Intesnity II had a bad battery and that one had been out for a while.  When I went into the store because my battery was not keeping a charge they didn't even have the battery in stock either.  But what the rep did was order it on his end in the store so it would be shipped to me at my home. I got it two days later.  So they an order it for you in the store and have it shipped to your house. You do not have to call Verizon and have them ship it to you.

I just think that in store they don't carry as much stock. It's a way to keep costs down.

Mel

0 Likes
KINuser2010
Enthusiast - Level 2

I took my replacement KIN ( yes, first one died after about 2 months) to the store to try to get contacts in - no luck!!

I was able to get my battered old LG phone activated while I waited for the replacement ....  I will get an LG next time.

0 Likes