Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contact can be edited but not deleted
ShabbaDoo

Hi there,

New poster here and I wanted to share something peculiar about my new kin twom. I seem to have one contact that can be edited but not deleted. When I click the contact, all I get at the top are "favorite" and "edit" buttons. However, all my other contacts seem to have an "edit" button on top as well as a "more" button that, when clicked, gives you the option to "delete", "link", or make the contact a "favorite".

I can live with this non-deletable contact but I'm very curious as to how/why this happened. Anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Contact can be edited but not deleted
fisharefriends

It looks like this is your own contact card, and it may have been accidentally edited. By default, the phone creates a contact card for yourself, and it should have your own name and number in there. You can't delete your own contact

0 Likes
ShabbaDoo

fisharefriends wrote:

It looks like this is your own contact card, and it may have been accidentally edited. By default, the phone creates a contact card for yourself, and it should have your own name and number in there. You can't delete your own contact

Not sure what the original contact was but I guess it's possible that it was my own contact card. I did not know that the phone creates one for you. What name does the phone assign to this contact?

0 Likes
sdowney717

I cant find one in the contact list for me either.

How do I add myslef?

0 Likes
fisharefriends

it should have been there when you went through the setup menu. At least, that is where i remember entering in my own name. it just links your phone's number to your name. I haven't encountered any other 'undeletable' contacts other than myself.

0 Likes
sdowney717

well, it was not there, no contact for me. On my other thread I solved my issue of the picture being wrong.

Now when I dial myself, I get my voicemail, so I assume it is working ok?

0 Likes
cameritt

Your contact sheet should be under the name that you entered when first setting up your phone (when you first turned on the phone and it asked for your name, time zone, and went through the little how to use touch pad tutorial(

0 Likes