Contacts - Kin Twom
ichiben

I can't seem to get my contacts from my old phone to my new Kin. I backed them up on Backup Assistant but can't figure out how to get them on the Kin. Any help?

0 Likes
Re: Contacts - Kin Twom
wambox

The new KIN TWOm has been stripped down, no KIN Studio, which was the only way to transfer contacts to the phone. Please let me know if anyone features out how to transfer my backed up contacts. I have a lot contacts and don't want to enter them again.

0 Likes
jewett28
Enthusiast - Level 3

ichiben wrote:

I can't seem to get my contacts from my old phone to my new Kin. I backed them up on Backup Assistant but can't figure out how to get them on the Kin. Any help?

This topic has been discussed for several times...right now the best option is to do it manually...took me about 2 hours

0 Likes
gkamieneski
Enthusiast - Level 3

I read somewhere about being able to do this using Windows Live, but I have forgotten.  My WiFi Samsung running WM 6.1 worked that way and if this was a true WM phone I'm sure it would work that way here.  It still may, but the OS seems to be a dumbed down WM.

0 Likes
ichiben

Verizon offers this solution, but I didn't  have any luck.

http://support.vzw.com/how_to_use/transfer_contacts/kin.html

0 Likes
wambox

Verizon offers this solution, but I didn't  have any luck.

http://support.vzw.com/how_to_use/transfer_contacts/kin.html

Because KIN Studio or KIN Service is not available to KIN ONEm and KIN TWOm phones

0 Likes
wambox

I was hoping Verizon would give us KIN TWOm owners a way to transfer our contacts by now.

0 Likes
dwmccauley

The Verizon Store in Austin was able to successfully transfer my contacts from my HTC Touch XV6900 to my new Kin TWOm today. This was my 3rd attempt; Verizon needed to update the software on their systems in store to successfully transfer contacts to a Kin TWOm.

0 Likes
ltw

Question about inputting contacts: I'm putting in my contacts the old-fashion way (manually).  But I noticed in my contacts log that some of my contacts listed have BOLD writing and a picture block across from the name, whereas others that I have entered are listed in smaller font and there is no picture block across from their name.  I can edit those contacts  and then place a photo there, but it doesn't show up in the contact log.  Does anyone know what I'm talking about, or how to enter the contacts so that they are all listed in bold lettering with a picture across from their name?

0 Likes
cameronja

The thread was useful for me in deciding to purchase the phone.

I have had the phone for a few days now and I have liked it so far.

I have some issues with this phone and looking online, I couldn't find any information about it:

- Has anyone been able to insert hard or soft pauses in contact phone numbers? I tried comma, 2 commas, but that didn't help. I also couldn't enter 'p' or 'w' in the phone number field.

- When I switch to the keyboard mode, the phone automatically goes to the phone app about 90% of the time. I tried to be careful in not pressing any keys or the screen when I did this. Not sure if others have this issue.

- Reading the user guide, I found a way to rename the bookmarks inside the browser (two-finger tap on the bookmarks and then select a bookmark). But I guess there isn't a way to edit the name of the apps that I create from the browser and place on the main screen?

Thanks.

0 Likes