Cool features of the Kin Twom(if you are considering one or want to know more about your phone)
Daveman80
Contributor - Level 1

1. Surf the web and talk at the same time - I was watching a commercial for the AT&T iphone talking about how it could surf and talk at the same time, so I decided to test the kin out as well. Turns out, the KIN is easily capable of doing this! An excellent feature IMO, so enjoy!

2.Call log swipe - Many have thought that a call log doesnt exist for this phone, but if you are in the phone app and you swipe the screen, you will see the call log with a shortcut to text your friends as well. Another great feature.

3. Playing games on your KIN - One of the more popular sites to use is playtouchgames.com. I have tested numerous games on the site and they work quite well.  Im sure there are several other sites but this one seems to work the best. Saving it as a favorite is the best way to go.

4.Sending ringtones to your phone - One issue I have seen posted numerous times is that the ringtones arent liked by that many people. Personally, I love them, but if you wanted to send your own ringtones, all you need to do is send them to yourphonenumber@vzwpix.com  and you can add them easily. If you utilize free ringtone makers online, you can basically put any song/tone on your phone with ease!

5. Saving Mobile applications on the phone - Most mobile applications are web based, and you can easily save them as favorites, accessable on the top of the browser screen, or you can actually pin them to your "apps" screen for easy retrieval. Whenever you find the mobile application you like, such as mtv, facebook, twitter, etc, click the star and you will be prompted with a "add to favorites" or "pin to apps" screen. This makes using the web browser so much easier and efficent.

Feel free to add your own..

0 Likes
Re: Cool features of the Kin Twom(if you are considering one or want to know more about your phone)
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Thanks for the info, Daveman80.

0 Likes
Re: Cool features of the Kin Twom(if you are considering one or want to know more about your phone)
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you, Daveman, this info was very informative.

One quick clarification though: regarding (1) and surfing and calling at the same time, I am 90% sure that Verizon is not able to call and access the 3G network simultaneously. However: you CAN access wifi at the same time, and this is the same case with most/all phones; wifi is a completely separate entity, and while it access the internet and serves the same function as 3G, it is physically unrelated to calling and 3G (has a separate antenna, etc). But since most kin users use wifi-only anyways, this is very good news; couple that with an above-average speakerphone quality, and the sky's the limit.

And personally, thanks for the link to the games site! If you know of any others that do work and you've tested, i'd very much be interested in finding out and if you could share, it would be much appreciated :smileyhappy: I've tried looking for game sites that work, and haven't found one; good thing you are better at finding them than me :smileywink:

And last note: as far as the apps go, the Kins can't actually have the apps on them, but you can link directly to the websites that the apps originate from (and pin them to the main 'apps' screen, lik you mentioned); many apps are made for convenience of viewing on a phone and the smaller screen, but that is just something you will have to live without with the Kin phones; if you can't, then get a smartphone.

0 Likes
Daveman80
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you for the clarification on APPS, thats what i was trying to say, and personally, I think the interface setup is excellent and just as good as if the "app" was actually downloaded.

BTW, another cool feature is that many people out there wish it had a IM client on there. Well, if you sign up for ebuddy, you can use the m.ebuddy app, accessable through the web, to im chat with anyone from facebook, yahoo, gmail, etc. You can even have all of them on the same screen! I tested this by having a facebook chat last night with a friend of mine and it worked quite well. So hey, with a lil tweeking and all of us sharing our experiences, we can make the kin two the ultimate phone for social media, IM'ing, email and games. We just need to spread the word!

0 Likes
every1luvsmelon

Could you repeat the ringtone idea for the kin twom. I just got mine today and I love it! but i didn't know what you meant by getting my own from the link about the e-mail. Overall, can you just explain how to get new ringtones on my phone for free please! Thank you very much! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Makaila

Hey, I have the kin 2. I want to be able to have apps on it but do not want to pay money. Also is there any places to get ringtones on this phone. On my old phone i could buy ringtones right on it. Also my phone will randomly shut off, and tips to stop that? I very muchly Love the kin 2!!!!:smileyhappy: Thanks!:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Makaila

OKay so I get that playtouchgames.com is the best website for apps but Then i have to have wifi to play these games right??

0 Likes
wizkid5059

PlayTouchGames is just for games. There's also ebuddy for chat. I also use TheWeatherChannel mobile site, for onthego weather. You just have to know where the hell you are.

0 Likes
RugerRedhawk

I tried out several games on playtouchgames.com and found them all to be terrible. Maybe you found some gems, but after three tries of games that were sized improperly, or had buttons way too small, or were just play laaaaaaaaaaaagy, I gave up.

0 Likes
bryanhill

Great post. Thanks for the info...

0 Likes