Data plan?
baubillious
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I'm guessing the $10 data plan doesn't cover the KIN's email program. Has anyone checked this out?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Data plan?
RTFM
Contributor - Level 1

I've tried to verify this, but I can't find the specific info on this site. So if someone knows for sure, and I'm wrong, please correct me.

My understanding is that the downloadable Verizon mobile e-mail app costs $5.00/month to use PLUS any data charges.   If you get the $10/month data plan, then you don't have to pay the $5 for the e-mail app, but I believe data sent/received as e-mail still counts against your 75MB allowance.

With the KIN, you don't need (and can't get) Verizon's e-mail app. The KIN already has its own e-mail app, so the $5 fee is not applicable. Data used by the e-mail app counts toward your 75MB allowance.

In my case, the only extra feature charges I have are a text/pic message pack and the 75MB data pack.  I do not have a separate charge for the e-mail app, and the data used is counted against my 75MB allowance.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
RTFM
Contributor - Level 1

I have the $10 plan and e-mail works just fine. I have it enabled for both gmail and roadrunner (POP3). I've used it both over WiFi and 3G when needed.  I've even sent e-mails with video attachments.

The e-mail client is native to the Kin. It's not a Verizon add-on like on most other feature phones.

0 Likes
baubillious
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, I'm asking if the data plan + email. Applies to the KINs. Will using the email use some of the data, or does that count as the email part of the data plan?

0 Likes
RTFM
Contributor - Level 1

I've tried to verify this, but I can't find the specific info on this site. So if someone knows for sure, and I'm wrong, please correct me.

My understanding is that the downloadable Verizon mobile e-mail app costs $5.00/month to use PLUS any data charges.   If you get the $10/month data plan, then you don't have to pay the $5 for the e-mail app, but I believe data sent/received as e-mail still counts against your 75MB allowance.

With the KIN, you don't need (and can't get) Verizon's e-mail app. The KIN already has its own e-mail app, so the $5 fee is not applicable. Data used by the e-mail app counts toward your 75MB allowance.

In my case, the only extra feature charges I have are a text/pic message pack and the 75MB data pack.  I do not have a separate charge for the e-mail app, and the data used is counted against my 75MB allowance.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thank you for your inquiry! The $10 data plan does not separate data vs. email usage. When sending/receiving email, you will incur data charges and this will be deducted from your plan. 

0 Likes