Default phone numbers
Plasticman

When you have several phone numbers for a contact can you set one of them to be the default used on the "favorites" page?

0 Likes
Re: Default phone numbers
Ms_Shonta
Contributor - Level 2

Favorite Contacts

You can add up to 51 contacts to Favorites. Favorites appear on the right-hand side of your Home screen, labeled FAVORITES. Scroll down to view the full list of favorite contacts. Any feeds updated
by a contact who is part of Favorites will appear at the top of the Loop. Here’s how to manage your favorite contacts:

Add contacts to Favorites From the Favorites Home screen:

1. Tap the plus sign in an empty slot to open a list of all your contacts.
  2. Tap the contact you want to add as a favorite. To jump to a contact in the list, start typing the contact’s name.
  3. The contact now appears on the Favorites Home screen.
0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

Ms. Shonta, thanks for the info, i did not know that you could add up to 51 contacts! i tried it, and sure enough, new boxes pop up once you fill up all of the default ones.

However, it does not seem you answered the question at hand. Plus, just fyi to all Verizon reps, 99% of the questions on the Kin are now focused on the Kin ONEM and kin TWOM, not the original kin phones (which for some reason, you constantly keep replying for..even though that phone has been successfully killed off through the closing of the studio and the free smartphone promotion). It would be really nice if you actually provided answers to the questions at hand, not confusing/misleading replies to those who don't know about the older Kin phones. There is no Loop, or Studio, or Spot on the M model phones.

As far as picking a default phone number for a contact..i do not know how to do this or if it is possible. I know by default, it prioritizes the numbers by mobile, home, mobile2, etc (along the order that appears when you click the 'add a number' button in the contact info). I haven't been able to figure out how to pick the 'main' number that it selects from the favorites page by default (when you press 'call' or 'text'). If anyone knows how, or if it is/isn't possible, please provide an answer.

0 Likes
crater

Yeah, Sucks that Verizon support didn't read the whole question.

I was trying to do this too -- pick Favorite and Call and have the Home number called as the default instead of the Mobile.  Seems like an obvious feature.

I suspect you already found this but, if not, check  http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/pmxphone/thread/4bdc3fb3-67d1-45ef-b507-3e11ea238b2... .  Their work-around is to select Open instead of Call from Favorites, and then pick the number you want.

Other than that I would just like to state that I just bought the TwoM (I didn't want to pay for a data plan) and love it.  Warts and all.

0 Likes