Delayed Txt, does not send.
xcsx89

So I've just recently had this problem start about a day ago. I was txting a friend and suddenly she just stopped. So I assumed she was busy. Next morning it was there but when I asked her online she said that I was the one who stopped replying. I than tried to txt her back but when ever I pressed "Send" the message would disappear and not appear on the chat list. I would have to exit and re-enter but when it shows the time sent it would say "Home: time" So the low down is I'm not sending or even able to get txts. I get calls but the ringer doesn't play, so voicemail. And usually when it says "Missed a call from" said person it doesn't even show that. The logs show me chats from 2 days ago when the problem first started. I've been calling Verizon but I keep waiting for long periods of time or the call keeps getting dropped. Please tell me I'm not the only one.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Delayed Txt, does not send.
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Are you unable to send and receive text message at all or just with your friend? If you are still having this issue we recommend that you reboot your phone by removing the battery while the phone is still on. Let the battery out for a few seconds and then place the battery back and turn on the phone. 

If your are still having these issues please contact us from a different line so we can further troubleshoot. You can also send us a private message and we will contact you. Please include your name, mobile number, and contact information.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dstor
Enthusiast - Level 3
Have you made any recent changes to your phone? Like attempting to block data? Gotta be frustrating I'm sure!
0 Likes
xcsx89

Thats the thing, none whatsoever! No warnings or anything. I know the bill was paid. I can still call my voicemail from my phone. I just checked my plan and theres nothing different about it.

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

It does seem to be an isolated issue, i haven't had problems with this. This issue isn't a phone issue, it is a Verizon issue. Call verizon, but NOT from your cell phone. Call from a landline, or a buddy's phone. hopefully you will be able to find a solution.

But do remember, that not recieving texts and them not recieving texts occasionally is normal; it happens to everyone. verizon/other providers aren't perfect, but it is pretty rare to not recieve/send a message these days. I know with my old phone, it would happen and you would wonder if the person you were texting just stopped replying, but when you'd ask them, they would say you were the one that stopped; this could be a problem on your end, or theirs, it can't really be pin-pointed on the user's end. I will say though, i haven't not sent/recieved texts since getting the Kin. At least, not that i know of :smileywink: see what i did there? It is hard to detect, but when your phone it working properly, it should happen very rarely. It sounds like in your situation, it is happening all over, like your phone wasn't activated almost. So, call verizon and hopefully they will be able to resolve your problem; at first, you will be connected to a 'tier 1' representative, and sadly, they don't always provide helpful/detailed solutions. If you stay on the line, or request it, you may be connected to a higher tier tech rep and they will have more helpful information and answers.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Just for fun, dial *228 then option 2 to update your PRL. Then do a battery pull.

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Are you unable to send and receive text message at all or just with your friend? If you are still having this issue we recommend that you reboot your phone by removing the battery while the phone is still on. Let the battery out for a few seconds and then place the battery back and turn on the phone. 

If your are still having these issues please contact us from a different line so we can further troubleshoot. You can also send us a private message and we will contact you. Please include your name, mobile number, and contact information.

Thanks

0 Likes