Does the Block all Data Service option disable wifi on the kin one or two?
andrew123456

I was wondering this because I want to get the kin one or two and I have heard that people are getting charged for using 3g and I just want to use wifi to connect. I was wondering if doing the block disables wifi. I also still want to be able to use picture and video messaging, as well as texting.

0 Likes
Re: Does the Block all Data Service option disable wifi on the kin one or two?
skim104

Nope.

i blocked every single possible services provided by verizon, and even turned off data settings on the phone itself. Wifi still works fine. regarding the picture and video messaging, refer to this post by seebonbon.

apparently, you have to block services in certain order to make it work.

good luck

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

Regarding blocking data with MMS still working, its not that you have to block things in a certain order, but you just can't block ALL data connections. multimedia messages access a separate network (not 3G; this mms connection isn't charged as data, it is a picture message charge, which is covered if you have unlimited messaging) to send the messages. If you block data from the phone itself (through the hidden menu), that will block all data connections and MMS won't work. Either in-stores, over the phone, or online, you can block all data, minus video/picture messages, on the network side rather than from the phone to prevent any charging while still being able to use the wifi and MMS.

0 Likes
andrew123456

How do you turn off data on the phone itself? And does it still let you receive and send picture messages and texts?

0 Likes
Daveman80
Contributor - Level 1

Not sure how to on the phone, but I would recommend doing it online. Its quite easy actually and it takes only a few minutes.

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

andrew, you can turn off data on the phone. It is done through the hidden menu, it is listed a few times in this forum, but if you want specific instructions, just pm me or ask here and i'll let you know. However, if you block data from the phone directly, you will not be able to send MMS/picture messages. All data is blocked in doing it this way. Like daveman said, it is pretty easy to do online.

0 Likes