Droid Lock Screens For Your Kin TwoM
BranHen
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello all Kin TwoM owners...

I created a wallpaper for my Kin TwoM that essentially makes the lock screen look like it's a Droid...

You can use the lock icon and swipe in the exact direction it's telling you to and it works the same as swiping from left to right diagonally as you already do...

There's no benefit to having this lock screen other than aesthetics...it just makes your phone look a little cooler...

If there's interest, I'll make more and post them in this thread- if you've got requests (new screens altogether or minor details to add to this one), let me know.  You could even find a Droid or iPhone lock screen online, post it here and I'll do what I can to make it fit your Kin TwoM lock screen so there's no distortion.

Hope you enjoy!

Directions to get this on your phone...follow these simple steps in order:

• Save the picture below to your desktop by right clicking it, and then choosing to save (make sure you know/remember where you saved it on your computer)
  • Then start a new email in your chosen email client (Gmail, Yahoo, Corporate, etc.)
  • Choose to add an attachment to the email
  • Find the picture and choose it as your attachment
  • Send the email with attachment to your Kin TwoM using your own cell number with this specific address suffix:  @vzwpix.com
  • If your number was (123) 456-7890, then you'd send the email with wallpaper attachment to: 1234567890@vzwpix.com
  • When you get the pic text on your Kin, just tap on the picture to bring it up full screen, then press "save".
  • Go to Camera>Pictures, then choose the picture you just saved to your phone and designate it as your wallpaper the way you would any other picture you took on the phone.
  • You may want to stretch the picture just a little bit to make sure it takes up the whole screen, but I got it pretty close so that's up to you...
  • Voila (Walla): My Kin TwoM lock screen almost perfectly resembles a Droid.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Lock Screens For Your Kin TwoM
BranHen
Enthusiast - Level 3

No minimum as far as I know...

What you need to do is save them somewhere at a web address (Picasa, Flickr, etc.) in an album that you created and own.

Then view them in their largest form on the site you've saved them at- this is important because if you're just viewing them as a thumbnail or a smaller version of whatever you saved, then what you end up posting here will be a smaller version as well.

Once you've got the largest version up in front of you on your web album, right click and choose "Copy Image Location".

Then come back here, choose the tree icon () and then paste the URL that you copied above into the "Image URL" field shown below:

Then choose "Insert" and as long as what you're posting is already the right size for a Kin TwoM, you'll have succeeded in posting lock screen wallpapers that can be used by other Kin TwoM owners.

Let me know if you need help with any of this or if it all makes sense...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
BranHen
Enthusiast - Level 3

Has anyone had success putting this lock screen on your Kin TwoM?

Anyone happy with the look?

Any requests for other screens (specific or just 'more please- I don't like that one')?

0 Likes
jackfu
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's great! Thank you! - jack

P.S. I've made some that look like the screen is cracked with the icons visible in the background. Don't know how to post them, but I will if anyone's interested and can teach me how.

0 Likes
CourtneyClark
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hah, that's cool, I was looking for a new wallpaper...

Wondering, when you change the wallpaper, is there a way to recover the "Nice to meet you" wallpaper or is it gone forever?

0 Likes
BranHen
Enthusiast - Level 3

As far as I'm aware, the only way to recover that screen is to wipe the phone and reset to factory standards...

Jack- do you have them saved on your desktop or your phone?

0 Likes
CourtneyClark
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dang... :S

Google says there was a way to recover it from the KIN website..

http://www.kin.com/mobile/Default_Wallpaper_KIN_TWO_en-US.jpg

Lot of good that does now that they've killed it... I'm going to see if I can find it somewhere out there. Someone HAD to have uploaded it lol

0 Likes
BranHen
Enthusiast - Level 3

You'll probably have to send this to your phone...unless you can access this site from your browser and just save it right from there...

0 Likes
jackfu
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually I have them on both. I checked the help menu for image posting, but I don't have the Albums and Images in my profile. Is there a minimum post count before these are added? Thanks! - jack

0 Likes
BranHen
Enthusiast - Level 3

No minimum as far as I know...

What you need to do is save them somewhere at a web address (Picasa, Flickr, etc.) in an album that you created and own.

Then view them in their largest form on the site you've saved them at- this is important because if you're just viewing them as a thumbnail or a smaller version of whatever you saved, then what you end up posting here will be a smaller version as well.

Once you've got the largest version up in front of you on your web album, right click and choose "Copy Image Location".

Then come back here, choose the tree icon () and then paste the URL that you copied above into the "Image URL" field shown below:

Then choose "Insert" and as long as what you're posting is already the right size for a Kin TwoM, you'll have succeeded in posting lock screen wallpapers that can be used by other Kin TwoM owners.

Let me know if you need help with any of this or if it all makes sense...

0 Likes
jackfu
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, I had assumed the pics were hosted here. I created a Flickr account and uploaded the pics there, but I only get the Copyright symbol when I right-click.

0 Likes