Erratic bluetooth operation
JerryMcM

I recently got a KinTwom and I'm having some trouble using it with the Bluetooth device in my car.

I have an Acura RDX and the phone is listed on their website as compatible. I got it to work fine for the first day, then it stopped working for a week, then worked for a few days, and now it's broken again.

I've tried pairing and unpairing. Clearing the device in my car and starting all over again and turnig the phone on and off, but nothing seems to work. When I go through the car's pairing process, it all goes smoothly, ending with the message - "device successfully paired", The phone lists the car's device under the Bluetooth menu, but the symbol is grayed out. When I try to make a call, the car says it can't find any devices.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I can't even figure out if it's the phone or the car. Acura said that they'd need to run a full two hour diagnostic,so I'd rather avoid that if possible!

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Erratic Bluetooth operation
dstor
Enthusiast - Level 3

I wish I had an answer for you. I have an el cheapo deck in my car that is Bluetooth capable ( the main reason I got it for hands free operation) and it has been erratic at times. I've had it unable to connect and I had to go through the steps over and over again it get it to "re" pair. I did have success after numerous attempts though. Do you have any other Bluetooth devices in the car at the same time? Just a thought that it may be interfering? I am just guessing at this point.

I can say with certainty that it is a crappy Bluetooth signal though. My old LG would stream music flawlessly through the decks Bluetooth, the KINtwom..Not so much. It will play but it is static ridden and horrible horrible sound. That was a real bummer, not being able to use the Zune player in my car wirelessly.

Keep trying (if you haven't already, try connecting the car to phone in that order and then try the reverse order.) I finally got it to work pretty reliably.

0 Likes