Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent reboots & finally lost everything on KIN TWO
kianemma

It started frequent reboot last two weeks. Finally today it rebooted and lost everything. It asked me to reset up the phone as if this was a new phone. This is a huge problem losing Contacts, pictures, etc.  

Anybody else had this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Frequent reboots & finally lost everything on KIN TWO
fisharefriends

I have never had a problem with auto-rebooting. I also don't turn my phone off very often. I'm sorry to hear this happened, i would contact verizon, because it seems to me you have a defective phone.

0 Likes
Re: Frequent reboots & finally lost everything on KIN TWO
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi kianemma,

After eight incorrect attempts at typing your PIN, you’ll be prompted to type a specific
number to continue trying. If you type an incorrect PIN a total of ten times, the data on your phone
will be erased (but you will be warned after the ninth attempt).
Warning: Be careful of losing your data if children play with this screen; they may not be able to
understand the warnings.
SCREEN ORIENTATION

Just going off what you stated, it sounds like your phone may have been locked with the PIN number needed to access the device/ data.  After eight incorrect attempts at typing your setup PIN, you will be prompted to type in the correct PIN number. You should've been warned by a message on your device that after the ninth attempt. If you type an incorrect PIN a total of ten times, the data on your phone would be erased. 

If the device was rebooting itself, it might have happened because the device maybe froze as it was being used to access many functions at one time or maybe not having available memory or the time to process a function before hitting a button several times to do another function. Please record your PIN number in a safe location to be used in the event you have the issue with needing to unlock your device. 

Thanks,

edw@vzwsupport

0 Likes