Getting a new Kin in a couple of days
alwaysatexter

Ok I upgraded to a kin yesterday and my kin should be coming tomorrow or the day after. I have a few questions so I'll be all set when I get my kin.

I don't know if Backup Assistant works on kin. If it doesn't do I have to write all my contacts on a software like Gmail and then export it to my Kin when it arrives?

Is there a way to transfer all my ringtones, sounds, pictures, and videos to my kin?

When I'm using my kin how will I know whether I'm using data, I have a data package, or wifi?

Thanks in advance(:

0 Likes
Re: Getting a new Kin in a couple of days
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Great news on upgrading to a Kin its a great device.

Do you know if you purchased a Kin 1 or Kin 2. Settings may slightly differ between the two devices.  Backup assistant isn't supported on the Kin so using it via Gmail also wouldn't work. The best way to transfer data (contacts,pictures, and ringtones) from your old device to a Kin would be to bring them both into a VZW store. Click here to see find a store in your area. The store may have software to accomplish the transfer for you.

In regards to your data question. You would be using data unless you make a wifi connection on the device. Go to settings>wireless controls>wifi to turn on wifi to use your own network instead of Verizon's.

Thank you

0 Likes