Glitch KIN ONEm
melmcn

Hi! I need help. I have had my KIN ONEm since the beginning of Jan and had no problems. Now, April and it seems to have a mind of it's own. All of  a sudden I can't check/receive/send text messages. It takes ages to have a call come through, I can't open any of the options (messages, phone, email, etc) without it immediately closing. I can't dial out. The screen turns black and then comes back slowly and then turns black again. Fully charged. It just wants to do what it wants to do and... I dislike that quite a bit :smileyhappy: I've turned it off and on again multiple times. I've taken the battery out even more times. Still, no changes to it's unruly state. It just seems to be freezing with everything I try to do. It will let me go to settings and turn on and off the WiFi. I can do alarms, camera, calculator and contacts but when it comes to messages, phone, and email... It just goes back to the "home" screen right away (though at a slow, frozen rate if that makes sense) very much like a computer that is angry and on it's last let. Except, its my phone and I've only had it for 3 months. Please, help. I can't afford a new phone. And I like this one (until right about now).

0 Likes
Re: Glitch KIN ONEm
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

I'm sorry this is happening. Unfortunately, i don't know the cause or fix for it. I have a kin 2m, and haven't had issues like this for the 4 months i've owned the phone. What i would suggest is getting a warranty replacement for the phone; these issues are making the phone 'unuseable' in my books, and it isn't user-caused, it is an issue with the phone. You can call customer service, or simply go into a Verizon store and they will help you out with the warranty. By default, there is a 1-year device warranty and i'm pretty sure hte malfunctions you describe would be covered by that. It is a little bit of a hassle, especially cause you have to re-setup your phone, but it should be free through the process, and it should get rid of the glitches. Just remember that you are getting a refurbished phone, not a new phone with the replacement; they come in 'like-new' condition, but they aren't brand new first out of the box. But for an issue like the one happening with your phone, i don't think you will recieve anything in worse condition, it is more just a precaution to take for minor warranty replacements, which yours isn't.

0 Likes
RalphT
Contributor - Level 3

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/storelocator/index.jsp

0 Likes
intelligent

do a hard reset after you back everything up on zune... memory needs clearing

0 Likes