How do you take a photo of the screen on your phone (to capture a text message, etc.)?
blackmamba

Since I can't save any separate texts, there may be times when I do want to save part of one without having to keep the entire conversation. I read somewhere that you can take a photo of the screen of your phone. How is this done? I read that you press the camera button and home button but I don't know what the "home" button is/where it is. Can someone please tell me or give the correct directions if this is true? Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do you take a photo of the screen on your phone (to capture a text message, etc.)?
harpman
Enthusiast - Level 3

i believe you press the camera button half way down(like you do a digital camera to focus)and then the press the back button at the same time to take your screen shot... there is no home button on this phone. Although if you hold the back button down i think that takes you home. this is all from info i read...my phone should be here today

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do you take a photo of the screen on your phone (to capture a text message, etc.)?
harpman
Enthusiast - Level 3

i believe you press the camera button half way down(like you do a digital camera to focus)and then the press the back button at the same time to take your screen shot... there is no home button on this phone. Although if you hold the back button down i think that takes you home. this is all from info i read...my phone should be here today

0 Likes
blackmamba

That seemed to work, albeit a little tricky, so thanks!

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

What harpman said is correct. And the back button serves as a dual button for back and home. Like mentioned, if you hold it down, it will bring you to the home screen. Depending on how you see it, the good or bad part about this is it keeps your memory within each of the separate 'apps', so say you're texting someone, and then press the home button to check a contact or make a quick call. The next time you press 'messages', you will automatically be brought to that same person's threaded texts. For situations like this, it is a convenience to have that quick auto-access. However, in other situations when you press the home, like just to go back to home and don't really want to keep texting that smae person, but then you decide to text someone else, you will still be automatically brought to that person's threaded message and will have to press 'back' to go to the rest of the messages. So, it is good and bad. but it isn't all so hard to press back 3 or 4 times quickly to also go back to the home screen, and have all those individual 'apps' also be in their 'global' screens.

0 Likes
Rugball

Harpman is correct. The problem I keep having is due to my hands being larger than average. Without realizing it, my finger is wrapped around the camera button. Once I press the "back" button, I get random screenshots. I've only had the phone for about 5 days so it's one of the quirks I need to adjust to.

0 Likes