How to get photos small enough for "Favorite" Contact Screen
Pammy
Contributor - Level 1

Hey all.  Having a problem getting the photos small enough for the "Favorites" Contacts Screen.   I cropped everything out of the photos except for the face,  saved it in the smallest image size possible, emailed the pics to my phone by sending an email to phonenumber@vzwpix.com .  Once it's on my phone, I edit it and use my fingers to drag it as small as possible, then save the picture and save it as the contact photo.  I still can only see the forehead and eyes on the "Favorites" Contacts screen.  The photos look great if I'm just viewing them in the photos page.  I just can't seem to get the picture any smaller, and it's just a face shot.  Anyone figure it out?  Thanks, Pam

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to get photos small enough for "Favorite" Contact Screen
Pammy
Contributor - Level 1

I played around quite a bit trying to get the photos the right size for the "Favorite Contacts" screen.  It's easy for the two larger contact windows in the upper left and lower right corners, but a little trickier for the smaller windows.  The key  for the small windows isn't really how small you size the photo, but how you crop it.  For the larger windows, you can crop out just the face and that works fine.  If you only crop out the face for the smaller windows though, you'll end up only seeing a portion of the face, usually the eyes and forehead, no matter how small you try to size the photo.  For the smaller windows, you need to leave enough of the photo surrounding the face and make sure the face is centered in the photo when you crop, because only the center of the photo will appear in the window.  One of my favorite features of the phone is having the persons photo pop up with the bubble when they text you.  :smileyhappy:   Pam

View solution in original post

0 Likes
DrDaddio

Had the same trouble and never really figured it out.  If I make the photos 768 pixels x 768 pixels at 96 dpi they look great on the Contacts screen but the Favorites screen still crops the heck out of them.  Not sure how to solve that; it would be nice to have full face on the favorites screen.

0 Likes
Pammy
Contributor - Level 1

I played around quite a bit trying to get the photos the right size for the "Favorite Contacts" screen.  It's easy for the two larger contact windows in the upper left and lower right corners, but a little trickier for the smaller windows.  The key  for the small windows isn't really how small you size the photo, but how you crop it.  For the larger windows, you can crop out just the face and that works fine.  If you only crop out the face for the smaller windows though, you'll end up only seeing a portion of the face, usually the eyes and forehead, no matter how small you try to size the photo.  For the smaller windows, you need to leave enough of the photo surrounding the face and make sure the face is centered in the photo when you crop, because only the center of the photo will appear in the window.  One of my favorite features of the phone is having the persons photo pop up with the bubble when they text you.  :smileyhappy:   Pam

0 Likes