In Case of Emergency Phone #s
esdhflaj

Is there any way to enter In Case of Emergency phone numbers on the KIN Twom so that someone can identify and call your emergency contact(s) even if the phone is locked?  My makeshift solution was to write the relevant information on a piece of paper, take a picture of it, and set that as my wallpaper, but that still requires someone to have another phone to dial my contacts. Any better solutions?  Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: In Case of Emergency Phone #s
bobu1972
Enthusiast - Level 3

have the kin twom,and there is no special folder for ICE contacts.I am a First Responder with the local ambulance and a member of a fire company,here is what was done before phones came with the ICE contact list.The best way to do it is pick atleast 3 people who you want to be your emergency contact,can be more than 3,when entering them into your contacts,or update them,put in before their name in capital letters,ICE 1: Mom.ICE 2:smileyvery-happy:ad,etc.This is how it was done in the old days,and it is easy to identify for an ememgency responder.Use #1 as your most important or most availible ICE contact.Hope this helped!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ICEcare

I am with ICEcare -- our focus is on "emergency care" and our solution is available on most prominent mobile platforms. I am not sure about KIN Twom explicitly as a mobile application but you have the abiliity to create a profile for yourself on ICEcare.net and associate it with a unique identifier provided with ICEcare Sticker, which you may affix on the back of your mobile phone or your driver's license.

Our unique identifier provides access to your health information WITHOUT disclosing your personal identity. First responders will have adequate means to identify you. With ICEcare, the first responders can connect with your pre-identified emergency contacts using a robo-call interface that prevents disclosure of your emergency contact's name and phone number with a call-back functionality.

ICEcare on your mobile phone can save a life ... yours or of someone you know! (http://ICEcare.net)

0 Likes
bobu1972
Enthusiast - Level 3

have the kin twom,and there is no special folder for ICE contacts.I am a First Responder with the local ambulance and a member of a fire company,here is what was done before phones came with the ICE contact list.The best way to do it is pick atleast 3 people who you want to be your emergency contact,can be more than 3,when entering them into your contacts,or update them,put in before their name in capital letters,ICE 1: Mom.ICE 2:smileyvery-happy:ad,etc.This is how it was done in the old days,and it is easy to identify for an ememgency responder.Use #1 as your most important or most availible ICE contact.Hope this helped!

0 Likes
esdhflaj

bobu - I did that on my old phone, but since I'm keeping this phone locked, an emergency responder can't get at my contacts to find any that are listed as ICE.

I'll check out ICEcare though.

0 Likes
esdhflaj

Just curious why this is marked as solved.  I wouldn't consider it solved (unless by solved you mean that it is clear that there is no way to enter ICE numbers that are available to emergency responders if the phone is locked).

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

The topic starter (which is you) has the ability to mark posts as solved (one of the red boxes, similar to hte 'reply' box). You probably accidentally marked it as solved, but you were indeed hte one who did it.

0 Likes