Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Insurance wants to replace KIN2m with KIN2
titanjeff

Dropped the phone so going to insurance. While filing the claim on their site, they have the KIN2 but not the KIN2m. Confused, I called the rep who had never heard of the KIN2m.

Anyone know the deal? I'm hoping this is the same model but the photo/listing on their site isn't accurate. If the KIN2 requires a dataplan, we don't want it.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Insurance wants to replace KIN2m with KIN2
fisharefriends

I doubt they'll give you a Kin 2. Go ahead and call again, and hopefully you'll get a more knowledgeable rep (and if necessary, wait for a tier 2 rep). If they do, by default it is their fault, and there is no 'legal' way for them to charge you a data plan cause you upheld your end of the contract, they can't go in and change their end. But if you're like me or any other customer and don't want to get into the legal side of everything, i would just call again. It most likely is just an error on their internet system, but if necessary, go into a store and replace the phone with the warranty.

0 Likes
titanjeff

I've got an email into Verizon asking about this. I've never needed to use insurance before so wondered if Verizon isn't the one who ends up sending out the replacement anyway.

Anyone ever make a claim before?

0 Likes
fisharefriends

I did. Well..it was a warranty claim, not an insurance claim. I just went to a store and they did it all from there. All of it, live in front of your face, no waiting for transferring calls, emails and misplaced/ignored emails. I was in and out in less than 10 min, and i got the replacement on the 2nd day, no charge, no shipping, just like they promise.

As far as who sends out the replacement, you can't get a replacement in-stores (at least for a warranty), they'll ship it from some warehouse, and it isn't a new phone, just a 'certified pre-owned/refurbished' phone. So my advice, is to make sure it is in as good condition as the one you were replacing..because stuff can slip through quality control if you have the wrong employee or if they were having a bad day, etc.

0 Likes