Is it possible to use Backup Assistant with the Kin One?
wendismith71

I just got my new Kin One last night.  I've never used Backup Assistant before but I wanted to start now.  Unfortunately, the instructions for downloading the tool only seem to include phones with the "Get it Now" feature.  I can't find anything remotely like that in my phone's settings.  Am I overlooking it or does it simply not exist as an option for this phone?  I have a lot of contacts to enter and I hate to think that I'd have to do it all over again if something went wrong with the thing.

Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can offer!  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is it possible to use Backup Assistant with the Kin One?
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Sorry, Backup Assistant doesn't work with the Kin Onem. Some customers have had luck with getting a Verizon store to transfer them, but it seems to be hit or miss, as not every store has the software it needs for this particular device. Otherwise, consider this an opportunity to weed out old contacts as you enter them manually. :smileyindifferent:

View solution in original post

0 Likes
wendismith71

Oops, I mean KinOnem...  Don't know if that makes a difference or not, but I figure I'd better mention it...

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Sorry, Backup Assistant doesn't work with the Kin Onem. Some customers have had luck with getting a Verizon store to transfer them, but it seems to be hit or miss, as not every store has the software it needs for this particular device. Otherwise, consider this an opportunity to weed out old contacts as you enter them manually. :smileyindifferent:

0 Likes
dwshep

I found some instrcutions:

http://support.vzw.com/pdf/email_setup/kin.pdf

I have not been able to get my phone to sync yet, but it seems to describe how to bring over your contacts.  Good luck!

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

That does not work with the m model phones. That was how it was done with the original phones, but unfortunately there is no compatibility with backup assist with these phones. The only way to transfer contacts is to do it in-stores.

0 Likes