Issues connecting to home wifi
bobbarsky

I just got my Kin2m today, and it works fine, except for the wifi.  It detects my network, but never completes the connection.  I've tried disabling the password on the router, and it still won't log on.  I've reset the router.  My router is a Belkin GWireless - very basic model, just 802.11b/g.  Has anyone else had problems with this router, or getting the wifi to connect?

0 Likes
Re: Issues connecting to home wifi
Plasticman

When you see your network listed check if it says "open" "wep" or "wpa" under the network name.

If your router has a security key active (wep or wpa) you will need to enter that "key" as your password.  Bear in mind that the key is not the same as the password used to access the Belkin router.

0 Likes
bobbarsky

It wasn't the security settings - it wouldn't connect if it was open or wpa.  I finally got it to work by changing the name of my home network (why that worked I have no idea).  Now I can connect easy enough, but have the problems with syncing that others seem to have (takes forever and then when I check my phone the IP is 0.0.0.0).

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

For some reason, the connection is hit or miss at times. For instance, even if it says you're connected to your Wi-Fi network, the browser and e-mail apps don't always work on every attempt. Some Kin owners have no issues at all, and others do.

There are a bunch of threads on this topic here on this board. I hope you are able to resolve this.

0 Likes