KIN ONEm sync with Mac problem
hoohoohoo

I use the KIN media sync software to connect my KIN ONEm to my Mac. I've tried to transfer the photos on my phone to my computer, and it worked. But when I tried to transfer music files from my computer to my phone, I consistently got an error message saying that there's not enough space on my phone EVEN THOUGH I made sure to select only a handful of music files, and not my whole collection, to transfer (so total size would be < 20MB); and (ii) I have 2.7 GB of free space on the phone, as the software tells me. I've looked everywhere on the Internet but couldn't find a solution. Has any one encountered the same problem? Does any one know what's going on? Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: KIN ONEm sync with Mac problem
Not applicable

I would also try this site:  http://www.markspace.com/kin/ and to confirm there are certain requirements for this software to work effectively.  These are the requirements:

Mac computer with an Intel processor

Mac OS X version 10.5.6 or later

iTunes 7.4 or later to sync music and podcasts

iPhoto 6.0 or later to sync photos with iPhoto

QuickTime 7.0 or later to sync video

Also, if this software doesn’t work try contact Sharp since they make the phone and would be the next best resource.  Since the issues you are having are not related to our network we have very limited resources in troubleshooting Mac’s and the Markspace software.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi.

You will need to register at the following link: http://www.markspace.com/kin/ to be able to sync media for Mac.  

If you still need assistance, please send me a Private Message and I will be happy to personally assist you.

Thank you,

0 Likes
hoohoohoo

Thanks for your reply. But I've already downloaded and used the software, which means I've already registered, right? Also, as I said, I could transfer the photos on my phone to my computer via the software, so I can indeed sync the phone with Mac, but unable to transfer music files.

0 Likes
faithinprogress

I am having this same issue, except I am running a Kin One (original OS).

Have you found any solutions? 

0 Likes
Not applicable

I would also try this site:  http://www.markspace.com/kin/ and to confirm there are certain requirements for this software to work effectively.  These are the requirements:

Mac computer with an Intel processor

Mac OS X version 10.5.6 or later

iTunes 7.4 or later to sync music and podcasts

iPhoto 6.0 or later to sync photos with iPhoto

QuickTime 7.0 or later to sync video

Also, if this software doesn’t work try contact Sharp since they make the phone and would be the next best resource.  Since the issues you are having are not related to our network we have very limited resources in troubleshooting Mac’s and the Markspace software.

Thank you.

0 Likes