KIN TWO: Facebook Junkie UNHAPPY
bjaune

PLEASE PLEASE if another Facebook junkie can help me before I cancel my phone and service!

I love to post updates on my facebook, and with prior phones I could text my "@m.facebook.com" for a quick update.

I have noticed that I can't TEXT ANY email address, which was confirmed by my hubby that reply's to his work email never went through.    I went in and then PHYSICALLY typed in the ".com" address after opening a NEW msg and still no luck.  PLUS I can't send pics to my facebook. 

There are 3 things I use my phone for: 1 - Texting, 2 - quick check on my emails, 3 - taking pics and posting to Facebook.

Since my ultimate fave phone was discontinued and I was due for an upgrade and new contract, I thought I would try the KIN. 

SO before I go and cancel my phone and service, can anyone confirm or deny that I can actually use facebook!

THANKS!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: KIN TWO: Facebook Junkie UNHAPPY
ohyeahobrien
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also have the KinTWO m. And have figured out this tweak. To text a status update you simply send it to 32665. But if you want to send a picture you send it to mobile@facebook.com you can also do status's from that as well. Very simple.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

texting emails does work. I don't know why it hasn't been working for you. The only issue, is you can't select the 'email' from a contact that has it saved, but you still can manually type it in. With wifi, you can directly connect to facebook (via the browser) if the place you're in has the wifi. Unfortunately, i don't have an answer for you whether you can post pics to facebook from the phone; if you did it through texting the facebook number before, then you should be able to do the exact same thing with this phone. It would be a facebook mobile service that you were using, not a phone-specific texting service. If you have a data plan, i would not recommend this phone; i would suggest getting an android phone such as the motorola citrus or lg vortex, entry-level smartphones that require a minimun $15/month data plan. You would not believe the gap/desparity between smartphones and feature phones; the Kin phones are hte closest thing there is to closing that gap, but even with them included, it is still considerable. I don't know what is going wrong with you emailing, other than you may have the wrong address or something along those lines, user-error type stuff. Make sure your email addresses are right. But if you are texting an email, there should be absolutely no difference between phones; that is a verizon text messaging service, or a facebook service in your case, and is not phone-specific.

0 Likes
ohyeahobrien
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also have the KinTWO m. And have figured out this tweak. To text a status update you simply send it to 32665. But if you want to send a picture you send it to mobile@facebook.com you can also do status's from that as well. Very simple.

0 Likes
bjaune

THAT WAS AWSOME! IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!

THank you soooooo much

0 Likes
bobu1972
Enthusiast - Level 3

thank you so much also! have the kin twom since christmas and couldnt figure out the facebook thing either! even posted questions here with no answeres.seen the mms alerts from facebook but never clicked it.have a 250 text plan and didnt want facebook eating them up,but after trying your tweak,i went to facebook and unchecked all the notifications.did a test text and then a test pic and worked great! just one question,do i still have to type in mobile@facebook.com each time? or will it work by adding to contacts?the e mail facebook gave me didnt work when saved in contacts.but a little side tweak,the 32665 does work when saved in contacts.thanks again!

0 Likes
ohyeahobrien
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can save it as a contact.

0 Likes
baubillious
Enthusiast - Level 3
You can't save it as a contact actually. It won't show up in the selection when you choose a conact to send a message. Also, to the OP why not get the $5 email package if email is so important I think it's be worth it for you.
0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I bet the OP hasn't been back since this was posted in February. But your good advice might help someone else.

0 Likes
baubillious
Enthusiast - Level 3
Didn't even realized this was started in September, was just responding to the last reply, since the topic got bumped with it.
0 Likes
slayer1

I have been struggling with trying to post pics on facebook also.  I do a status update with the 32665 thing, but I CANNOT get the "mobile@facebook.com" thing to work!  HELP!  This is so frustrating!  Any advice?

0 Likes