Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KIN TWOM issues
spacebook

I had a Kin twom and it was a great phone. Then the touchscreen stopped working. It had a picture on the screen but without touch, I couldn't use it for calls. I took it to a store and it was verified that it malfunctioned and a free replacement under warranty was offered. There were none available in store so the replacement was mailed to me and I mailed the original back. The replacement is a "like new recertified" that turns off randomly, keyboard lights rarely work and I have to pull the battery out to end calls (because yeah, if "end call" is pressed then it locks up on the screen showing the call ended for about 5 minutes until the screen goes blank and the phone does nothing). So it is just much faster to just pull the battery at the end of every (in or out) call. What Verizon has given me is a headache of a replacement and a $99 hardware fee. If the in store agent says it's free - then it should be free. When I call, support is rude and will transfer me without any notice. No one knows why anyone else said anything and no one dares to discuss *credit*. When I took the replacement to a store the agent said it needs replaced and he can give me a Jest 2. No thanks on that. Let's see, the Kin twom has a large screen and a 8meg camera. The Jest 2... is ugly like a Kin one and has a 2meg camera.

What I ask for is simple on the phone and by email both. I want another good working kin twom phone or the fee credited back to my billing.

0 Likes
Re: KIN TWOM issues
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello spacebook,

Wow that is a very upsetting issue you have described. Let's look into this immediately and resolve your issue. I would have to look at your account to see why you were charged a fee. Was your device exposed to physical or liquid damage?

The problems with your replacement device may be software related. Please perform a hard reset and retest. This will erase everything on the device so please make sure your contacts are backed up. Here are the steps to perform a hard reset:

Hard Reset
Tap Settings
Tap About Your phone
Tap Erase Phone Data

If the problem persists please send me a DM and I'll further troubleshoot with you.

JoeL_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes