KIN TWOm randomly turns off?
macbookbubba
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi. I have had a Verizon KIN TWOm for just under a year now. About last week, it started randomly shutting off, usually about once every two days. Today, it started doing it more, now once about every ten minutes. 

It usually happens when I slide out the keyboard.

Sometimes, it will even turn off before it gets through the whole KIN boot sequence.

It is very annoying. What should I do?

0 Likes
Re: KIN TWOm randomly turns off?
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

nacbookbubba , I understand how frustrating this is. I researched your issue and wasn't able to locate this as a known issue with your phone. You can perform a factory reset which will set the preference settings to factory default and all user data and contacts will be erased. I will list the steps below and if you continue to have this issue, we may need to perform further trouble-shooting and possibly review your account for replacement options.

1. From the Home screen, select Settings.

2. Select About Your Phone.

3. Select erase phone data.

4. Select OK.

0 Likes
Re: KIN TWOm randomly turns off?
Kintwofan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm curious do VZW employees "research" this forum before they respond to posts? Where do you guys research before you post an answer that says, " I researched your issue and wasn't able to locate this as a known issue with your phone", because I see this in most posts by employees and yet there are 100s of posts of this and other problems (youtube, etc.). As to the original problem mine was doing this and I performed a soft reset (pulled battery out while phone was on) THEN  with the batter out I held the power button down for a minute. I did this because I had an old laptop that had a capacitor that heated up and I would have to do this to it and thought it might make a difference. It seemed to help because my phone hasn't done it since, I personally believe there is a hardware issue that is causing this. Hope that helps!

0 Likes