Re: KIN Two M Review
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Thanks for the detailed review, Xsiveldling ... well done!

0 Likes
XsiveIdling

Answer 1.  Yes, just took a photo by 1. pressing the photo button on the phone and then saved it...synced...the photo is now on my computer and 2. went into the camera app, took a photo, synced it and again the photo is now on the computer.  

Answer 2.  open up the keyboard, press the emoticon key on the keyboard, press the arrow on the right side of the window that pops up...you should see the dollar sign now as well as a few other symbols you may not have been able to find.

0 Likes
VTRex

To Xsivelding and everyone else: About the data blocking. It seems to me that just turning Roaming Data off on your phone isn't quite enough! I have been monitoring my data usage since I got my phone and I've noticed a small amount of usage. A lot less than I've actually used so most is being exchanged via WiFi. I don't know what I did to create usage SO:

To block data via Verizon's website do the following:

Log On

Scroll down

Under the "I WANT TO:" and then "PLAN" find and click on "CHANGE FEATURES"

Scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen and find "SERVICE BLOCKS"

Scroll down and click on "BLOCK ALL DATA SERVICES"

They've hidden it pretty well but I found it! I'll be watching my data usage going forward and let everyone know if this stops it altogether. 

PS: It's strange. I always log into this forum the same way. Sometimes it lists me as KIN USER and sometimes as VTREX. Hmmm...

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Thanks for the excellent reviews on the Kin Twom - I have had my Voyager for a year and a half plus and come up for upgrade in January - was considering the Blackberry Bold but after reading, (and thoroughly enjoying the read!) the Kin Twom sounds like a fun phone.

"You're only as old as the target demographic of the phone you own" (quoting another user on this board....love the quote, BTW!) - well, I think I am MUCH older than the target demographic for this phone but it dang, KinUser, you make me want that phone!!!  :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
SlickT

I have to say that I love these responses. I had to take (waste-my-time) the time sign up for this to put an opinion out on VERIZON.

I have been going through the slow Verizon site for months trying to look and decide on upgrades for me and my family phones.

I have read a lot of reviews on each phone and there is one common feature about 90% of the VERIZON PHONES, THEY ALL ARE THE WORST PHONES MADE. Verizon has pretty much always been a top of the line service but don't we all just get sick and tired of paying more and more for a service and the products get worst. LEts all pay more for phones that don't even last for a couple months and don't work. I can't tell you how many reviews say I get dropped calls, the phone shuts off, the battery stinks, the text does not work. It just makes me so mad the Verizon can keep putting out CRAP-FOR-PHONES.

I just need a phone to talk and text and now they make it so you have to buy a plan to get a decent phone.

VERIZON needs to get their heads out of their A-S-S-E-S and put out a maximum of  10 phones and make sure they work and not MAKE-US-PAY  for all these extra services. They are so UNAMERICAN.

They need to sit their buts in a board room and read these reviews of each phone.  The only way you will be satisfied is to pay them lots of money for a new phone every year and pay for extra features.

Verizon needs to come back to reality.

Sell your stock and change plans now!!!!!!

For all you tech / review guys out there, please copy and paste this email out on more comments because I don't want to waste any more time with them.

Thank you !!!!!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

SlickT wrote:

VERIZON needs to ... put out a maximum of  10 phones and make sure they work And then many more folks would likely complain that there is NO SELECTION - even with the number of phones out NOW, there are complaints that there isn't enough selection.  And Verizon doesn't manufacture phones.  If you want to complain about thequality, talk to Samsung, LG, Motorola, or any of the other companies that MANUFACTURE the phones.

and not MAKE-US-PAY  for all these extra services. Ummmm, yeah.  Go anywhere, and you pay extra for extra service....that's just business.

0 Likes
michaelslw
Enthusiast - Level 3

personally i don't care about the amount the phones available. but i really want them to ALL  be an UPGRADE.

if you look at the line-up for feature phones right now: 

lg cosmos is dead (thick and 1.3mp), cosmos touch is dead (old touch screen+1.3mp camera),

samsung zeal is the same thing as alias 2,

lg octane is the same spec as enV3 other than the better camera, but still thick and nobody likes the design anyway

pantech crux has its own software issues and quality issues, plus, a slider screen lock?

samsung intensity 1 or 2? aren't they the same thing?

samsung haven is nice, big letters and simple, but where TF is the camera?

lg accolade, please see above, plus, you are so thick it's like my grandfather's phone.

samsung gusto+convoy+lg glout, i don't even know why you are produced.

ZTE salute has TERRIBLE build+quality

upon all these flaws, they are for sale at a ridiculous price with contract.

(i think we could get the same hardware spec with the original razr/lg chocolate, correct me if im wrong, look 2-4 years ago).

if you simply compared the feature phone line-up between t-mobile, sprint, AT&T, and verizon, without the kin series, verizon is beat in every aspect. I know you want to capture the smartphone market, but during this tough time, not everybody can still afford the plan, even if it means extra $15 per month or $20 with the new deal ($29.99-$9.99).

--

i agree it's not entirely Verizon's fault, but they do have the responsibility of testing the phones given by the manufacterers and install the software and then the phones are released upon Verizon's approval.

It's sad to see these 50-year-old phones (yea i said it) being released as new when you know there are better CDMA phones out there in Korea, Japan, heck, even China and Taiwan.

all we want is a slim, 3+mp camera, nice size in the hand, big screen (3"+), how difficult is this? if that nokia x3 gets released right now, i will take that over kin, but when is that going to happen?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
My, my, my - it IS all about you isn't it? "but i really want them to ALL be an UPGRADE" - that's just.not.possible.

"if you simply compared the feature phone line-up between t-mobile, sprint, AT&T, and verizon, without the kin series, verizon is beat in every aspect." - and you are welcome to do business with them. you DO have a choice ...

"It's sad to see these 50-year-old phones (yea i said it) being released as new when you know there are better CDMA phones out there in Korea, Japan, heck, even China and Taiwan." Ummmm, I better not say anything....
0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

Now, lets keep it friendly in here. Yes, we would all like them to be making phones like that. Yes, Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan have phones that put even our smartphones to shame. But..you don't live there. You live in a supply and demand economy. It is a very valid point that tmobile, sprint, and at&t have better phones. Its not a secret, and its hardly an opinion either. But, what is stopping you from going to them? If you're like me, what matters is the service, and verizon's coverage beats them all out in my opinion. Verizon knows this, and that is why they don't hvae to compete on the same level in terms of devices. Yes, it would be nice if they did. But the only solution here is to go work for verizon, climb the employment ladder, and change them from the inside. I guarantee you they know that their phones aren't the same quality as others out there, but they also know many customers will remain customers regardless. Sadly, that is how the market economy works. Yes, it is the short end of the stick. But thats what you have to deal with. So, the only suggestion really is to just play around the system..or start your own. Although it is going to be pretty hard to tackle the likes of established wireless networks like those 4 mentioned above.

0 Likes
michaelslw
Enthusiast - Level 3

of course i know it's a supply and demand economy. im simply stating a fact that the line-up is not up to Verizon's past level, especially when we used to have razr, chocolate, and other phones.

I understand verizon's business model is to provide the best service there is, and it is why I stayed a verizon customer for 6 years, and i understand if the sacrifice we have to pay is having less quality phones, however, the spec and quality for the line-up now is just ridiculously old.

The reason I brought up that asia has better phones is because I want to bring up the point that there are better phones in the market, but for some reason I don't see verizon using them as they did with the chocolate series and other previously successful models. (ps. why did they stop selling the chocolate touch? i would've settled with that too). Have you heard of LG Lollipop? LG Ice Cream? these are all CDMA phones. Lollipop actually is imported by T-mobile as a GSM phone now called LG dLite. If t-mobile can make the effort to transform the phone from CDMA system to its GSM, then Verizon can defintely use it and sell it in the US. I am not saying I hate Verizon or anything, I am just disappointed that I don't see the effort anymore.

You can say if im not happy then I could just switch over to t-mobile or even move to asia, but can't you see I am simply pointing out how great Verizon could've been with a little more effort on the management side?

And if I am running for a business, shouldn't the concern always be about profit and customers? Since I don't see how having better phones can hurt profit (R&D? really?), why not listen to the customers and actually do it? Is it about me? no. but as a customer, yes, it is about me.

--

that is all. I don't mean to offend anyone and I apologize if you find my message that way, I was simply sharing my thoughts on the line-up and a quick comparison between the 4 major wireless companies that use GSM and CDMA technology respectively.

0 Likes