Re: KIN TwoM: Can you delete just ONE text message, or do you have to delete the entire conversation
dstor
Enthusiast - Level 3

Man, this just kills me.

You can "two-finger tap" and delete an entire thread, but not a single message from with-in a thread.

How can the "employees"  dole out such blatantly wrong information over and over again? Maybe you guys are not reading the questions carefully enough.

0 Likes
Re: KIN TwoM: Can you delete just ONE text message, or do you have to delete the entire conversation
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

dstor wrote:

Man, this just kills me.

You can "two-finger tap" and delete an entire thread, but not a single message from with-in a thread.

How can the "employees"  dole out such blatantly wrong information over and over again? Maybe you guys are not reading the questions carefully enough.

I apologize for any confusion surrounding the options to delete a single message and not an entire message thread. The Kin Two-M device does not have an option to delete a single message. 

0 Likes
zigg114

That's correct, two finger tapping will let you select one message but it will delete the entire conversation. This phone also crashes just as much as Windows Millenium. Come on Microsoft, be fair and update this thing! And Verizon, do your part to put some pressure on, you guys have sold quite a few of these phones!

We need at least:

Text forwarding

Backup Assistant Support

A single app for downtime - e.g. Solitaire

Hear the people! Before we bail out on you.....

0 Likes
DixieGirl55

Go to your messages, tap the thread you want, when the thread comes up, tap-hold on the message you want to delete, a box will come up asking what you want to do, tap delete and just that message will be gone. If you want the entire thread deleted, tap thread, then menu then delete. Hope this helps!

0 Likes
RTFM
Contributor - Level 1

DixieGirl55, what kind of phone are you using?  On my KIN TWOm, when you tap a thread, all the individual messages are simply displayed as text in the thread. You can't do anything (read, delete, or otherwise) to an individual message -- unless of course, it's the only message in the thread.  Once I open a thread, I can tap and hold any of the messages until the cows come home, but nothing happens. There is also no "Menu" when you tap a thread on the list of threads. 

That's pretty much the  way it works for everyone else who has a KIN as well. 

0 Likes