Re: KIN users--don't bother looking to Verizon for help if something goes wrong with your phone
JCorrice
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also not sure why you are so vociferously defending Verizon to such unreasonable lengths, when I think the situation is pretty obviously unfair. Are you an employee or something?

0 Likes
Re: KIN users--don't bother looking to Verizon for help if something goes wrong with your phone
JCorrice
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's also basic economics that if a carrier does not offer a reasonable option to a smartphone (which requires mandatory data plans), then more consumers will purchase the smartphone and the data plan. So it is in Verizon's interest not to order good feature phones from manufacturers, so of course the manufacturers won't make them. Based on the number complaints I've seen about this exact situation around the web, there is certainly a customer base for the phones. But they are not the customers Verizon or the other contract carriers seem to want.

0 Likes
Not applicable

JCorrice wrote:

It's also basic economics that if a carrier does not offer a reasonable option to a smartphone (which requires mandatory data plans), then more consumers will purchase the smartphone and the data plan. So it is in Verizon's interest not to order good feature phones from manufacturers, so of course the manufacturers won't make them. Based on the number complaints I've seen about this exact situation around the web, there is certainly a customer base for the phones. But they are not the customers Verizon or the other contract carriers seem to want.

Well then those people can go to prepay companies that offer basic phones. I'm not sure of the law that states Verizon is obligated to offer basic phones at all or offers a service that has a lower profit margin that Verizon feels comfortable with.

0 Likes
sh0pg1rl

Wow, sounds like I got very lucky!

The LCD screen in my (20 month old) Kin TwoM quit working because of a bad ribbon cable.  Took it in to my local Verizon store... had a "new" refurbished one mailed to me in less than 48 hours.  It was that easy.

0 Likes
TwistedRiver
Enthusiast - Level 1

Me too, I've had mine replaced twice and both times they were able to order refurbished phones.

My first one lasted a little over a year and I absolutely loved it.  The replacements have been adequate but not quite the same experience.

My contract expires next month and I'll be moving on, but I'll keep my Kin for a music player that I can hook up into my car speakers.  Smiley Happy  It's really got a cute design and I wish the company would have gone on to improve the functioning and kept offering this unique alternative to all the other same-looking phones out there.

0 Likes