Keyboard
windup

I read that a touch screen qwerty keyboard would be available mid January to be installed at Verizon centers. I can live without it but it would really be a nice addition. Does anyone have any information about this?

I must comment after all of the gripes and complaints I have read on various forums that this is a great phone and a pretty good camera. Everyone should stop complaining about the things it doesn't do, get a Smart phone and sit around in bars and restaurants staring at the tiny screens instead of enjoying the company of their friends.

0 Likes
Re: Keyboard
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I don't know the answer to your virtual keyboard question, but I agree wholeheartedly with your last statement.

This is purely a guess, but I don't see Verizon updating anything for the Kin devices, unfortunately. I think it just wants to sell the remaining stock. Like you said, it's a good phone, so it's too bad if there are no future improvements.

0 Likes
bobu1972
Enthusiast - Level 3

would be nice for a touch screen keyboard,but not gonna really want it.love the keyboard now,never used the touch screen keyboard on another phone,so no big deal.verizon and microsoft can make this a great phone with some minor updates,but not holding my breathe coz they didnt even have it in store to look at when i got mine.if they do come out with the keyboard i am sure it's not gonne be free! like verizon for coverage,but nothing is free with them.they are missing a great chane to get more customers by having some minor updates with this phone,could be a stepping stone between regular phones and smart phone,after a 2yr deal people might want to upgrade to a droid or i phone.could be a great teaser to them,but highly doubt verizon will go that road.they only offered free wi fi coz they knew after giving a tease,people would want more.but,, still loving my 2m! it's got all i want/need with out paying 30$ for data and apps!

0 Likes
Limestone

I agree with SydneyK on this one. I am getting the growing impression that once the warehouses are empty of Kins, that is the last we will ever hear of from Microsoft. Hopefully a cult following of the phones will manifest and maybe then an update might surface.

0 Likes
windup

Everyone I show this phone to loves it, especially the lack of additional monthly charges. While I can afford the extra cost, I just don't like spending money for nothing and all I want is a phone. I have a computer with a huge screen for internet use. I have used the small phones on-line but prefer viewing without squinting. This one has the bonus of a pretty good camera and I love the way you just connect it to your computer and the pictures are put in the pictures folder without dragging and dropping.

This phone died because it was not properly promoted and had the help of forum authors who constantly compared it to smart phones and love bashing Microsoft because they think they are so much smarter. Why aren't they richer?

My wife and I will use these phones until something better comes along

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I agree, windup ... these are great feature phones. I have noticed how some people are made to feel like they have to have a smartphone, when it can be a waste of money if they don't use those features. I say if you don't need a smartphone, donate the extra $30/month to a good cause instead. 

0 Likes