Kin 1 Data Plan?
merre

I recently ordered a Kin One. Before I ordered it, a Verizon agent said that I did not need a data plan for the phone. Now that I have the phone I am being told I need an unlimited data plan! What's the truth? This phone is not capable of any real APPS per say, and spending 30$ a month on services I wont use in rural NV(no need to Google where the town walmart is and night life is not that serious). Just wondering if anyone knows whether I need the plan or not. Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Kin 1 Data Plan?
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello merre!  Thanks for posting!

Sorry for any misinformation that was given regarding data requirements for your new phone.  I am happy to assist!

The KIN ONEm does not require a data package, however, unless you choose current data package you will be defaulted to a "Pay Per Use" data feature.  The Pay Per Use data feature is $1.99 per megabyte.  The other data package options are 75 MB Data Package with Personal Email, VZ Navigator and Ringback Tones for just $10.00/month; 2GB Data Bundle with Personal Email for $30.00/month; 5GB Data Bundle with Personal Email for $50.00/month and higher data bundles.  You can choose the package that would best suit your needs.

I trust I have answered your question, and have addressed your concerns.

0 Likes
bohooligan

The KIN ONEm does not need a data plan at all if you connect through the WiFi.

0 Likes
jamiegrinnell

Then why is my Kin telling me to set up my email address? I'm not trying to get charged for a data plan, that's why I downgraded. It's too expensive.

0 Likes
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good morning and thank you to the community for all of your responses!

jamiegrinnell, I apologize for all of the confusion surrounding the data plan options for the KIN devices.  As AnthonyTa's mentioned, the KIN ONEm and KIN TWOm, do not need data plans of $30.00.  With these two devices, a data plan of $10.00 or higher is optional, as described in the previous post.  However, the KIN ONE and KIN TWO, (without the m), do need a data package of $30.00.  Therefore, if you have a KIN without the m, you will need to have a data plan. 

I trust this information is helpful.  

Thank you,

0 Likes