Kin 2 help
bmcvey

I seem to have no loop on my phone at all, maybe I did not set up right?  Can't see live feeds and can't get phone numbers from old phone to this new one help!!? I need a tutorial or something cannot figure out this phone at all.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Kin 2 help
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

From what I understand, there is no longer a Loop or live feed feature on the Kin devices. I believe this is because those features use a lot of data but no longer require the unlimited plan.

I read on some other threads in this board that there are some issues with transferring contacts. I don't know yet if anyone figured it out, for instance if a Verizon store can transfer them.

If you don't yet have the manual for the TWOm, there's a link in a thread on this board titled "The Kin is Dead, Long Live the Kin."

Good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

From what I understand, there is no longer a Loop or live feed feature on the Kin devices. I believe this is because those features use a lot of data but no longer require the unlimited plan.

I read on some other threads in this board that there are some issues with transferring contacts. I don't know yet if anyone figured it out, for instance if a Verizon store can transfer them.

If you don't yet have the manual for the TWOm, there's a link in a thread on this board titled "The Kin is Dead, Long Live the Kin."

Good luck!

0 Likes
TFried

Join the club!!! Verizon needs to find a way to help us. I called a rep and he said that when he called microsoft they told him that they would charge him by the minute for support.  maybe they should call microsoft and get the answer so that everyone can transfer their contacts!!!

0 Likes
bmcvey

Thanks for the response.  Its a shame there is no loop option anymore and it is advertised as if there is one.  I had a feeling I would have to add all my own contacts, not fun.  But I feel better to know the loop option is gone thought my phone was messed  up.  Not sure if I am happy about that or not.... may send this one back.  Kind of disappointed in it overall.

0 Likes
dstor
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did a lot of searching and reading about the RE-release of this phone, and it was pretty clear that the Loop, the spot, and the social networking apps were being removed. Sorry to sound so put-offish but I know that I am going into this purchase with the knowledge that I am making sometrade-offs here and there. Think it's going to be pretty cool. Mine arrived today and is sitting at home waiting for me to come home from work..

Thanks for the Calendar VZW...They listen on occasion.

0 Likes
profeicy

:smileyhappy:here is an option for transferring contacts. Somebody mentioned in another discussion  thread to set up a Google account and setup Google sync on your device. Export your contacts from your old phone and into your Google account and sync the two. AS create the account first before you sync. If you choose not to do this take you device back to a store location and speak to a technician. If you have a Sim card and can export your contacts onto thesim card than do so and the technicians should be able to transfer your contacts from the sim card to the kin using there transfer machine. If you don't have a sim card still go to a store location and see if a tech w. transfer your contacts onto on of there sim cards and then transfer your contacts into the kin one or two.

0 Likes
bmcvey

Thanks for the responses everyone.  I did think I was researching too, but I was looking at the old stuff and did start thinking, I do have a calander and I do have a calculator, thats when I realized what I was doing LOL.  I am very happy with this phone not and I do love it.  I would recommend to friends for sure, was not so bad entering my contacts at all.  I was just ignorant going in but with everyones help on here I finally got it.  So thanks again everyone.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I'm glad to hear you like your Kin, since you sounded undecided when you first got it.

I think the Zune Pass option sounds really interesting. If you try that, let us know how you like it.

0 Likes
bmcvey

Zune pass is ok, but you must pay for the membership which I think is expensive myself LOL.  $150 for the year/ $14.99 monthly.  Once pass runs out all your music will be gone...thats the downfall I suppose but Zune is easy to use.  Once I downloaded Zune it did bring into it all the music I currently have on my computer so basically waiting to see if all that comes off my phone too after the 14 day trial...will let you know.

0 Likes
dsto

Your music should not be removed or have restrictions. I did not sign up for even thefree 14 day trial and I have all of my own music playing just fine on my KIN. So, that should not be an issue.

Glad you and others are liking this phone. I like it too, The benefits to this "Feature" phone far outweight  any negatives.

I hope enough buy it, use it, and clamour for supprt that Microsoft and Verizon realize that with the right data plan (or lack of one!) and the right support (i.e some real updates, bringing this phone back from the dead) that they could have a big hit on their hands. It has everything my old phone had that I needed..plus WiFi capabilty...Just what I wanted

0 Likes